Cuisine at home Forums
Saturday's Dinner, 5/23/15?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Saturday's Dinner, 5/23/15?? (/showthread.php?tid=170737)

Saturday's Dinner, 5/23/15?? - cjs - 05-23-2015

What's on the menu for everyone today??

I'm playing with a recipe for Lamb chops - hope it works. Broccoli and rice, also.

Why did the size of my C@H screen all of a sudden get so darn small. I can barely see it.

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/23/15?? - Trixxee - 05-23-2015

Grilled flank steak with whiskey-cola marinade, cilanto-lime sweet potatoes and that might be it.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/lime-cilantro-sweet-potatoes-109459

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/23/15?? - Gourmet_Mom - 05-23-2015

I'll probably run over to Chic-Fil-A in the Cancer Clinic close by.

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/23/15?? - losblanos1 - 05-23-2015

I'm making the Thai flank steak satays for lunch and CA is making the pepper brined chicken, both recipes are from the new issue.

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/23/15?? - Mare749 - 05-23-2015

Since Ron and I are going away tomorrow morning, we wanted to have a cookout with his parents and my dad. So, I have made my mother-in-law's recipe for macaroni salad, deviled eggs, and Ron is going to grill some corn. He will also be grilling/smoking some hamburgers and "good" hotdogs. Also made Jean's recipe for "Bud's Beans" and my sister-in-law is going to help her mom make a pineapple upside-down cake for dessert. (That's the one thing that my MIL is still able to make with some help)

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/23/15?? - Gourmet_Mom - 05-23-2015

Well, since the Food Court is closed on weekends and holidays, I will have to find a plan B. It will probably be a salad. I got the roast turkey breast and mashed potatoes with gravy with a side of collards. Most was really good, but I prefer my collards with just pepper and salt. They had the vinegar already in them. Not bad, but not my preference.

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/23/15?? - BarbaraS - 05-23-2015

I'm butterflying a chicken (done) and will cook it over sliced potatoes. I scored some white corn from FLA and that will be my side.

Barbara

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/23/15?? - Mare749 - 05-23-2015

Hope your Florida corn was good, Barbara. We were pleasantly surprised with how tasty ours was. We had the bread and butter variety.

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/23/15?? - labradors - 05-24-2015

Here, in Florida, the Florida corn has been much better than I ever recall. It still doesn't beat Silver Queen, but what we've had lately has been delicious, sweet, tender and not mealy. Since the kernels were larger on the bread-and-butter variety I've seen in the supermarket, we've only been getting the regular, white corn and it's been some of the best Florida corn we've had in the 20+ years since we moved to Florida.

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/23/15?? - BarbaraS - 05-24-2015

The corn was really good. I hope the farmers here can recover from the unusually dry spring we've had. Can't wait for Jersey corn!!

Barbara