Cuisine at home Forums
Thursday's Dinner, 6/11/15?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Thursday's Dinner, 6/11/15?? (/showthread.php?tid=171146)

Thursday's Dinner, 6/11/15?? - cjs - 06-11-2015

What's on the menu for everyone today??

Have no idea - leftovers which should be used.....

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/11/15?? - karyn - 06-11-2015

We're having chipotle chicken kebabs with avocado cream sauce. It's one of John's favorites. I'll grill some veggies, too.

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/11/15?? - losblanos1 - 06-11-2015

That really sounds good Karyn.

Today it's Cubanos with Coleslaw.

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/11/15?? - DFen911 - 06-11-2015

Doing a Porchetta pork roast with some fresh green beans I picked yesterday and a simple pasta.

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/11/15?? - Trixxee - 06-11-2015

That does sound good Karyn - just found the recipe and added avocados to my list!

Tony is still traveling so for me it will be a piece of roasted salmon with an orange vinaigrette and ANOTHER tomato/cucumber salad. I'm finding the organic grape tomatoes (but they are on the big side) really have a good flavor right now.

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/11/15?? - cjs - 06-11-2015

O.K. we're set in stone now.... grilled burger patties with Kimchi BBQ sauce (homemade) and a new casserole (to try out the new oven ) Zucc Pesto Quinoa Casserole.

All new flavors for me today.

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/11/15?? - Mare749 - 06-11-2015

I have to leave earlier for my class tonight to avoid traffic, so going shopping at Sur la Table, then will probably spend some time at Arabica with a cup of coffee and my kindle. Glad I didn't eat dinner last night because I came home full of delicious breads and charcuterie nibbles.

darn!! Have fun

Fun morning - Had a can of Pillsbury biscuits and wanted to try out the convection on the oven, so made donuts - jelly filled donuts Geez, these are good!

Also, tried the stove top burners and made a Kimchi BBQ sauce that is also really good! I'll freeze 3 containers. (Maryann, this is the amount 1/2 the recipe makes) Maybe 1 - 1 1/2 cups?

Dounuts
[Image: Jun%2011%20Jelly%20Filled%20Donuts%202_zpseaubho9u.jpg]

Kimchi BBQ Sauce
[Image: Jun%2011%20Kimchi%20BBQ%20Sauce_zps48wvvadm.jpg]

I'll try the sauce on burger patties later.

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/11/15?? - karyn - 06-11-2015

Change of plans. We're doing the Chipotle Chicken with Avocado Cream Sauce tomorrow. They are really tasty, which is why I included the link.

I went to the dentist for a cleaning and left with a temporary crown...apparently, one of my teeth was about to fall apart. It wasn't what I had planned for today, but I guess it beats having a dental emergency!

I want comfort food tonight, so we're having Reuben sandwiches.

Well final results of the cooking day are mixed.

I loved the burger with the Kimchi BBQ sauce - think next time I'll mix some of it in the meat itself.....or even add it to a meatloaf. Reminds me of Carolina-style sauces (don't know north from south)
[Image: Jun%2011%20Kimchi%20Burger%20Quinoa%20w%...yrsamt.jpg]

The quinoa was o.k. - Roy really liked (but, gotta say he's loves darn near everything) Probably won't make it again. two out of three isn't bad.