Cuisine at home Forums
Monday's Dinner, 6/15/15?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Monday's Dinner, 6/15/15?? (/showthread.php?tid=171264)

Monday's Dinner, 6/15/15?? - cjs - 06-15-2015

What's on the menu for today for everyone? Yesterday's were some really good sounding dishes!!

I'm making a sausage hash to serve with my leftover Corn polenta.

Some friends came by yesterday afternoon and we ended up going down the hill for Asian. I had the best seafood with Coconut Curry sauce. Huge servings, so have some nice leftovers....again.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 6/15/15?? - Mare749 - 06-15-2015

I had enough beef bones in my freezer to make stock. So did that last night and this morning made a pot of vegetable soup to portion and freeze.

Ron mentioned that he would like some grilled chicken tonight, so we'll put some on the grill. I'm in the mood for a spinach salad with bacon dressing to go with it.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 6/15/15?? - Trixxee - 06-15-2015

Tony made a brisket, mexican style yesterday so today we have having machaca for dinner. Not sure if everyone knows what that is but it's basically a mexican scramble with the meat, peppers, onions, etc. Tony might turn his into a burrito, I'll skip the tortilla.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 6/15/15?? - DFen911 - 06-15-2015

I know it involves grilled artichokes...but that's as far as I got

Re: Monday's Dinner, 6/15/15?? - losblanos1 - 06-15-2015

Today it's a recipe that Trixxee shared on FB. Strawberry Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes with sausage of course.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 6/15/15?? - Trixxee - 06-15-2015

Oh I hope they are good! I told my sister about them yesterday and she also wants to make them, with a side of sausage.

Me too. Maybe Thursday. I need to get some nice berries at the farmer's market tomorrow.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 6/15/15?? - Gourmet_Mom - 06-15-2015

I had a container of clams in the freezer, so we'll have Linguine with Clam Sauce with crusty bread and a salad on the side.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 6/15/15?? - karyn - 06-15-2015

I'm having a pizza craving, so we're doing it semi-thai-style with chicken and chili garlic sauce, caramelized onions, cilantro, and three cheeses.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 6/15/15?? - cjs - 06-15-2015

Oh Karen, you reminded me of a Thai pizza we made while we were with Sharon & Bob a couple years ago - it was so good!!!

This was from June 2013 and it is wonderful and I'm so ready to make it again!!!

[Image: Jun%2013%20Thai%20pizza%201%20C_zpspowliihs.jpg]
Can’t remember where this one came from- Found it!1 it’s a Tabasco website recipe
THAI CHICKEN PIZZA***** (note: found out it is from Tabasco – will use recipe w/permission)

Peanut butter, smooth 2 Tbs
TABASCO® brand SWEET & Spicy Pepper Sauce 1-1/2 Tbs
Hoisin sauce 1/2 cup
Soy sauce 1 Tbs
Fish sauce 3/4 tsp
Lime juice 1 Tbs
Fresh ginger, minced 1 tsp
Chicken breasts, thinly sliced 1/2 lb
Salt pinch
Black pepper pinch
Peanut oil 2 Tbs
Prepared pizza dough 12 oz
Cornmeal 2 Tbs
Mozzarella cheese, part-skim, shredded 1 cup
Carrot, shredded 1/4 cup
Bean sprouts 1/4 cup
Peanuts, chopped 1-1/2 Tbs
Scallion, chopped 2 Tbs
Cilantro, chopped 2 Tbs

1. Preheat oven to 425°F.

2. In a small mixing bowl, mix together peanut butter, TABASCO® SWEET & Spicy Pepper Sauce, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, fish sauce, lime juice and fresh ginger.

3. Season sliced chicken with salt and pepper. In a medium sauté pan, sauté chicken in peanut oil until almost cooked through.

4. On a flat work surface, flatten pizza dough into a 14" circle, leaving a 1/2" raised rim around the edge. Place on a wooden pizza peel sprinkled with cornmeal. Spread an even layer of peanut sauce on pizza dough. Next spread a layer of mozzarella cheese. Distribute chicken on top of cheese.

5. Bake for 12-15 minutes until crust is golden brown.

6. Remove pizza from oven and top with shredded carrots, bean sprouts, peanuts, scallions and cilantro.

7. Yield: 1 14" pizza, or 2-3 servings
----------------

I'm so glad you mentioned this one!!

P.S. We have a new member of our menagerie here - my deer in residence.....
[Image: Jun%2015%20Deer%20in%20Residence_zpsjouj1moa.jpg]

So far she is staying away from the garden................and, she looks like she might be pregnant. Stay tuned.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 6/15/15?? - Gourmet_Mom - 06-15-2015

AAAWWWW!