Cuisine at home Forums
Monday's Dinner, 7/6/15?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Monday's Dinner, 7/6/15?? (/showthread.php?tid=171714)

Monday's Dinner, 7/6/15?? - cjs - 07-06-2015

What's on the menu for everyone today??

Easy one here - grilled steaks & fries and more slaw with beets.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/6/15?? - Mare749 - 07-06-2015

Steak night here also. Grilled rib-eye, baked/grilled potato, and asparagus.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/6/15?? - Trixxee - 07-06-2015

Shrimp scampi with 4 of the biggest shrimp I've ever seen, and will also top with a couple of jumbo scallops. Baby greens salad on the side.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/6/15?? - cjs - 07-06-2015

Maryann, I very very seldom mess with steak - just s&p for me. But, since I bought that whole NY strip a month or so ago, I have so many steaks in the freezer ( ) that I'm going to try a marinade on this one today. Balsamic & Rosemary - we'll see......

Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/6/15?? - losblanos1 - 07-06-2015

CA is making the Fattoush salad w/ pork kebabs from the new issue.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/6/15?? - Gourmet_Mom - 07-06-2015

I've got some lemons that need to be used and chicken breasts in the freezer, so Chicken Piccata is on the menu. Green is yet to be decided.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/6/15?? - Mare749 - 07-06-2015

That's another dish I want to try. Let us know how you like it, Blane.

Jean, I am very interested in how you like the marinade, especially since we were so disappointed with the strip steaks we bought a while back. The meat store (not my regular one) was having a sale, so we bit the bullet and bought the deal, only to be sorry later. The strip steaks that looked so nice at the store ended up being tough and chewy and in order to use them up, I had to use them in stews and chili. I haven't bought a strip steak since.

I was going to ask you if you ever brine beef and does it work as well as it does with pork?

Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/6/15?? - cjs - 07-06-2015

We've had a couple of these steaks so far and they are great! Lucky us. No, I've never brined beef that I can remember.

I guess a few of the marinades I've used could do some brining as well, but have never deliberately brined.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/6/15?? - DFen911 - 07-06-2015

My green beans are coming in. So tonight will be a stir fry with chicken, green beans and the last of the snow peas

Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/6/15?? - karyn - 07-06-2015

We got the last of our guests off last night, so I spent today getting life organized after a long weekend of entertaining. It was actually really fun, and the rain held off enough that smoking ribs went off without a hitch, we could enjoy the lake Saturday afternoon, and watch fireworks from the boat that night. However, as soon as we got into the house the skies opened up!

Tonight doing easy...grilled bang bang chicken and veggie kebabs. Everything is skewered and waiting to go on the grill.