Cuisine at home Forums
Monday's Dinner, 7/20/15?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Monday's Dinner, 7/20/15?? (/showthread.php?tid=171988)

Monday's Dinner, 7/20/15?? - cjs - 07-20-2015

What's on the menu for everyone today??

Pizza here - with the leftover sausage, onions & bells.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/20/15?? - Gourmet_Mom - 07-20-2015

So jealous! I'm making the Chicken Saltimbocca with Spinach Papperadelle from Issue 65. Ashley is browsing the library in an effort to get my cooking juices going again.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/20/15?? - Mare749 - 07-20-2015

We are grilling a rib-eye to share along with some grilled corn and a salad. Got some really sweet nectarines, so will slice those up for dessert.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/20/15?? - losblanos1 - 07-20-2015

From issue 97, I'm making the cashew chicken with jasmine rice and broccoli.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/20/15?? - Gourmet_Mom - 07-20-2015

I could have sworn I had Marsala! Dang it! After a second trip to the store, they didn't have it either!!!! AAAARRRRGGGG!

After a quick search for Chicken and mushrooms, I found TARRAGON-CREAM CHICKEN from Issue 38. I had already subbed bacon for prosciutto, and since I had already chopped fresh sage, and we prefer it, I subbed that for the tarragon. I only had half and half, so that replaced the heavy cream. I do that quite often, anyway. It turned out really good! I served it with fettuccine tossed with spinach and Parmesan. Not bad for a throw together last minute meal that was already half cooked!

Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/20/15?? - Mare749 - 07-20-2015

That sounds really good, Daphne. Going to look that one up. I prefer sage over tarragon too.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/20/15?? - cjs - 07-21-2015

me too - I can only think of a couple dishes which I like tarragon used.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/20/15?? - Gourmet_Mom - 07-21-2015

I like it in the Pine Nut Dressing, but that's the only thing I can think of when I use it. I forgot a change in the original recipe. I had already sautéed the split and pounded chicken cutlets without the flour. They were in the pan while I was searching for the missing Marsala, but that was me, not the recipe. I'd definitely do it again.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/20/15?? - Trixxee - 07-21-2015

I love fresh tarragon in chicken dishes and also in C@H's charon sauce for steak/seafood.

Thanks to Blane for making that sauce long ago.