Cuisine at home Forums
Thursday's Dinner, 8/20/15?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Thursday's Dinner, 8/20/15?? (/showthread.php?tid=172538)

Thursday's Dinner, 8/20/15?? - cjs - 08-20-2015

What's on the menu for everyone today??

I'm rubbing down some pork pieces and braising them. Do you ever pick up those little pkgs. of pork pieces meant for stir-fry dishes?? Had some in the freezer to use up. We'll see.

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 8/20/15?? - Mare749 - 08-20-2015

No, can't say that I have. Let us know how that works out.

Family dinner tonight. Spaghetti with meatballs and sausage along with some oven roasted veggies.

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 8/20/15?? - DFen911 - 08-20-2015

Putting some ribs in the smoker, grilling asparagus and garlic bread Then it's blackberry crisp for dessert.

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 8/20/15?? - Trixxee - 08-20-2015

My pork butt took 6 hours to cook yesterday - it was so weird. It was so lean it was more like a pork loin. So we never did eat any of it last night so tonight it's the tacos, black beans and rice.

I think pork is getting leaner and leaner all the time and I don't like it. LOL.

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 8/20/15?? - losblanos1 - 08-20-2015

How big was your pork Trixxee? I cooked a 4 1/2lb pork shoulder (which had a lot of fat that I trimmed off) at 325 for 5 hours and it was spot on. I used the Latin pork Pernil recipe from Cuisine.

Todays dinner is grilled chicken cordon bleu with asparagus.

Blane - it was 4.07 pounds. I cooked it at 350 for 4 hours. Not sure what temp he but it back in at but he transferred it to a dutch oven and put the lid on it. I had it in a roasting pan, no lid.

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 8/20/15?? - cjs - 08-20-2015

no lid - dries meat out. That's too bad

Nah - Tony saved it. Tacos were really great. Have no doubt the cubano sandwiches tomorrow will be equally great.

We'll just call him the pork savior.

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 8/20/15?? - cjs - 08-21-2015

I'm sure liking another new method (to me) from C@H - braising meat wrapped in parchment paper. The pork pieces I did yesterday were great.

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 8/20/15?? - Gourmet_Mom - 08-21-2015

Glad you saved the pork, Trixxee!

Ever have one of those "what were you thinking?" moments? Yea, just yesterday. Two weeks ago, I went with my 83 year old mom to help her pick out a new computer. She had made up her mind to get her first laptop, and with a slight suggestion from me and her friends, she decided on a Mac. Well, yesterday, I performed my first Mac lesson. It gave a whole new meaning to the word PATIENCE!

Anyway, even after all that, I managed to brave the Southport Beach Road traffic to get ingredients for Cajun Shrimp Fettuccine. I had penne pasta at home and decided to go with that. For the kids, I added lots of extra kielbasa. And according to my notes, I added a little more cayenne and a touch of Old Bay. Everyone loved it!

An aside, does anyone remember the first time I made this? You guys had to talk me into adding the raw egg yolks to the dish. LOL! I've come a long way from that one!