Cuisine at home Forums
ACK! - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: ACK! (/showthread.php?tid=17264)

ACK! - TwilightKitten - 03-28-2006

I just wanted to let you all know that I won't be on so much in the next week or so. My laptop crashed!!! <insert bawling "smiley" here> It's in the "hospital" now...and hopefully will be out in a few days. In the meantime, I have to sneak onto my husband's/son's computer when I can! I don't know what I'm going to do with myself until I get my baby back!

Oh, I had soo many recipes and pictures stored on there and have been planning to do a back-up but didn't! Best Buy is trying to salvage my hard drive, but it's pricey!!!! If any of you are putting off backing up your info, take a lesson from me and do it now.

Re: ACK! - farnfam - 03-28-2006

oh Tammy, so sorry to hear that!
You will be missed so hurry back

Re: ACK! - TwilightKitten - 03-28-2006

Thanks! I feel like I'm going into withdrawal already. I have to get off the PC now so my son can do his school work. Wah!

Re: ACK! - Roxanne 21 - 03-28-2006

ACK!!!! That happened to me about a year ago and it took me forever to get everything retrieved---I still miss some of things I didn't get. Y'all better listen up and DO YOUR BACKUPS!!!! HURRY BACK Twilight!!! We will miss your light-heartedness and input to the dinner parties---see you soon!!!

Re: ACK! - cjs - 03-28-2006

I've gone thru that twice now - losing everything...you'd think I'd have learned. But, I've only backed up a few things - good reminder for me, but I'm sorry you're going thru that.

Re: ACK! - TwilightKitten - 03-28-2006

Tee, hee, my husband is installing the dishwasher, so the computer is free! Woohoo!

And you know, I've had this happen before too...and you'd think I would have learned but no.

THIS time though, Best Buy is putting all my info on some sort of external memory and I can do my back-ups easily (or so they tell me!) on that. The biggest problem I had with doing back-ups is making disc after disc after disc...it's so time consuming!

It's amazing how much I've come to rely on that laptop though!