Cuisine at home Forums
Favorite Cuisine Publication? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Favorite Cuisine Publication? (/showthread.php?tid=172935)

Favorite Cuisine Publication? - Trixxee - 09-17-2015

For those of you who have bought C @ H books over the years, which is your favorite? I just dragged out my Sandwiches and Salads book. I have made quite a few recipes and there are still so many more to make, even after all these years. Not a dud in the group.

As a matter of fact tomorrow I'm making the southwestern sloppy joes (only with beef - can't do ground turkey).

Re: Favorite Cuisine Publication? - cjs - 09-18-2015

Since mine are still packed, I can't remember which I have and liked the best. But the Sandwich one you mentioned I do have access to and have made many from it, too.

Re: Favorite Cuisine Publication? - Mare749 - 09-18-2015

Trixxee, I have 16 of the books, so it is very hard to narrow it down to one. I have favorite recipes in each one. But, I can narrow it down to my top six, if that would help. In no particular order:

Weeknight Menus (it's an older book)
Weeknight Menus 15 and 30 minute entrees, Volume 2
Cuisine Tonight---Our Favorite Weeknight Menus
Cuisine Tonight--quick and Easy Menus
Cuisine Tonight For Two
Cuisine Tonight Sandwiches and Salads

Re: Favorite Cuisine Publication? - Gourmet_Mom - 09-19-2015

Mine are the same as Maryann's, but I also like the Grilling Books and the Perfect Pasta Book.

Re: Favorite Cuisine Publication? - Mare749 - 09-19-2015

Yes, I agree, the grilling books are great. I do like Perfect Pasta but don't seem to use it for some reason.

Re: Favorite Cuisine Publication? - labradors - 09-24-2015

Well, I don't have any of the publications, but I would guess, from everything that you all have posted over the years, that the one I would use the most, if I had any of them, would be Splendid Soups and Stews.

Re: Favorite Cuisine Publication? - cjs - 09-24-2015

That sure is one of my favorites also.

Re: Favorite Cuisine Publication? - Gourmet_Mom - 09-24-2015

That is a good one. I will be browsing that one soon, since fall is supposed to start its appearance next week!

I must say, I have cooked more out of my books than the regular magazine.

Re: Favorite Cuisine Publication? - cjs - 09-24-2015

I have too, Daphne.