Cuisine at home Forums
Review: Sweet Garlic Chicken - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Review: Sweet Garlic Chicken (/showthread.php?tid=173270)

Review: Sweet Garlic Chicken - cjs - 10-09-2015

My Lord, I think this is the tastiest chicken I have ever made!! It's just delicious -
[Image: Oct%209%20Swt%20Garlic%20Chicken_zpsbueai9bz.jpg]

The recipe came (I think) from my cousin - at least that what I have on the recipe, but with a question mark...

And, so easy!!
Sweet Garlic Chicken

4 chicken breasts or thighs
1 tsp salt
2 tsp pepper
1 Tbs dried basil
1 Tbs EVO
5 garlic cloves, minced
4 Tbs brown sugar

1. Preheat oven to 400°

2. Line a sheet wfoil and spray

3. Season chix with salt, pepper and basil and place on b. sheet

4. Heat olive oil till shimmering; add minced garlic and cook until soft & fragrant, about 2 min.

5. Remove from heat and stir in b. sugar until smooth

6. Evenly spread sugar mixture over the top of each piece of chicken.

7. Bake for 30-40 minutes.

Source: Facebook (Lynn Shelledy?) posted this

I made it exactly as written except I had 5 thighs and I'm sure glad I did. Today, I stuck the l/o Mahi-Mahi in the freezer and I'm making my pizza out of some of the chicken.

Re: Review: Sweet Garlic Chicken - BarbaraS - 10-09-2015

Jean,

That looks so tasty!! I make chicken thighs almost weekly here. Are those boneless/skinless or not?

Barbara

Re: Review: Sweet Garlic Chicken - Mare749 - 10-09-2015

Wow, that looks and sounds delicious. Thanks for posting!

Re: Review: Sweet Garlic Chicken - cjs - 10-09-2015

No Barbara, the whole kit-and-caboodle - skin on, bone in. But, next time I will remove the skin, but I do prefer the bone in.

[Image: Oct%209%20Sweet%20Garlic%20chicken%20Piz...drnp0q.jpg]

Cook once - eat twice -
I kept 3 thighs out for dinner tomorrow and used the other 2 for pizza which was outstanding.

Pizza dough, marinara, Mozz, the chicken, gruyere, candied jalapenos, Parm - bake and top with green onions. Simple but so delicious.

Re: Review: Sweet Garlic Chicken - DFen911 - 10-09-2015

I think I'll do this tomorrow. I just happen to have 3 chicken breasts in the fridge

Re: Review: Sweet Garlic Chicken - Gourmet_Mom - 10-10-2015

Yum!

Re: Review: Sweet Garlic Chicken - BarbaraS - 10-10-2015

Great!! This week I'm doing Pan-Roasted Chicken Thighs where you get the skin super-super crispy. I'll check your recipe out next week!

Barbara

Re: Review: Sweet Garlic Chicken - cjs - 10-10-2015

Sweet Garlic Chicken - dish #2 - Oh my, don't we all love cook once/eat twice? This pasta with the chicken was just excelllent!! Important note: when you make the chicken be sure to keep the jus in the pan. I tossed it with the garlic linguine when we served with the chicken and it was wonderful!! Wine? Sara's Harbinger La Petite Fleur!! Oustanding. (blend of Chardonnay, Pinot Gris, & Riesling

[URL=http://s3.photobucket.com/user/cjdacook/media/MONROE%20ROAD%20HOUSE/Oct%2010%20Garlic%20Linguine%20Swt.%20Garlic%20chix%201_zpseyhmtd0n.jpg.html][Image: Oct%2010%20Garlic%20Linguine%20Swt.%20Ga...hmtd0n.jpg][/URL

Re: Review: Sweet Garlic Chicken - cjs - 10-15-2015

The above post is what I used the jus for, Maryann - tossed with garlic pasta .. Really tasty

Re: Review: Sweet Garlic Chicken - Mare749 - 10-15-2015

Oh, I bet it was! Thanks, Jean.