Cuisine at home Forums
Mushroom Pork Marsala/Weeknight Menus - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Mushroom Pork Marsala/Weeknight Menus (/showthread.php?tid=17344)

Mushroom Pork Marsala/Weeknight Menus - barbara_marie - 04-02-2006

Later this week I plan to try the Mushroom Pork Marsala shown in Weeknight Menus. But I notice the recipe calls for 8 cups of mushrooms. That seems an awful lot to serve 4. Has anyone tried that? Is 8 cups correct? Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Mushroom Pork Marsala/Weeknight Menus - Roxanne 21 - 04-02-2006

Whoa--that does sound like a lot but remember once they have cooked they do diminish in quantity quite a bit---still!!! I haven't the recipe to review but I'm sure someone will help you---sounds yummy though---I LOVE mushrooms!!

Re: Mushroom Pork Marsala/Weeknight Menus - TwilightKitten - 04-02-2006

I haven't tried it yet, but I wouldn't hesitate to put that much, unless your family hates mushrooms. They do cook down a lot! Please let us know how it comes out!

Re: Mushroom Pork Marsala/Weeknight Menus - cjs - 04-02-2006

I'm thinking 8 cups of mushrooms will cook down to ~3-4 cups - that would be a nice amount for 4 servings.

Re: Mushroom Pork Marsala/Weeknight Menus - bjcotton - 04-02-2006

From the name of the recipe, I would think that the mushrooms would be a major part of the recipe..perhaps that's why it calls for that many. I wouldn't scimp on them, I'd add the whole 8 cups.

Re: Mushroom Pork Marsala/Weeknight Menus - semmens - 04-04-2006

Looking at the picture, I bet it's 8 ounces, which is a much more common measurement when buying mushrooms, right?

I got the Weeknight Menus yesterday and it looks really good. Hi, btw, I'm new.

Laura

Re: Mushroom Pork Marsala/Weeknight Menus - TwilightKitten - 04-04-2006

Hi, Laura, welcome to the forum! You might be right about the 8 oz thing. As much as I love this magazine, they do tend to misprint some things like that.

Re: Mushroom Pork Marsala/Weeknight Menus - Roxanne 21 - 04-04-2006

YAYYYYY Laura!!! Welcome and hope to see you here frequently!! It's great to have "newbies" here and whatever your contribution is we will consider and give feedback---new thoughts and suggestions are a must here!!
We certainly do need new family members!!

BTW---my sister's name is Laura--your middle name is not Lee, is it?? LOL

Re: Mushroom Pork Marsala/Weeknight Menus - Roxanne 21 - 04-04-2006

barbara_marie----please fogive me for NOT acknowlegding your new membership here!! You will find this board very friendly and may be a little challenging if you're in to trying new recipes and experiments on a whim--I'm a senior and find the mix here rejuvenating!! Hope you enjoy as much as I do---will love to hear from you!!

I just ordered the Weeknight Menus and am anxious to review and cook--cook---cook!!!

Re: Mushroom Pork Marsala/Weeknight Menus - bjcotton - 04-04-2006

No! Don't tell me that, mispelling and typos? I don't know if I can stand it.

You're probably right about the 8 oz though and welcome.