Cuisine at home Forums
ISO A tried and True Quiche Recipe. - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: ISO A tried and True Quiche Recipe. (/showthread.php?tid=173720)

ISO A tried and True Quiche Recipe. - Gourmet_Mom - 11-01-2015

I don't normally do quiche. Not sure why? Anyway, in an effort to liven up our menus, I thought I'd start throwing one in there from time to time. So take it and go!

Re: ISO A tried and True Quiche Recipe. - losblanos1 - 11-01-2015

Would frittatas work for you?

Re: ISO A tried and True Quiche Recipe. - BarbaraS - 11-01-2015

Daphne,

I make the Potato-Crust Quiche a few times a year. The leftovers are great and easy to reheat. It's from issue 45.

The earliest and easiest quiche I ever made came from the side of a Bisquick box.

Barbara

Re: ISO A tried and True Quiche Recipe. - Gourmet_Mom - 11-01-2015

Blane, frittata would be another fun thing to throw in the mix. Whatcha got?

Barbara, I looked at that one, and I have it marked. There is a deep dish one in another one that includes ham and spinach. I may start with that one if someone else doesn't tempt me with something else.

Re: ISO A tried and True Quiche Recipe. - Mare749 - 11-01-2015

I make quiche all the time, but unless it's for a holiday, I skip the crust part. I usually make one with spinach and cheese or zucchini and cheese, but sometimes I put some meat in them. Ron usually takes a piece in his lunch and has it for breakfast.

If you really want a crust, but not all the fat, I can give you my rice crust recipe.

Re: ISO A tried and True Quiche Recipe. - Trixxee - 11-01-2015

Diced honey baked ham, caramelized onions, cheddar cheese and canned diced green chiles are a really good combo. Made a frittata with those ingredients last week.

Re: ISO A tried and True Quiche Recipe. - losblanos1 - 11-01-2015

Andouille & Sweet Potato Frittata. So delicious and with out a calorie heavy crust.

[Image: 1_zpskgquuhv2.jpg]

Re: ISO A tried and True Quiche Recipe. - cjs - 11-02-2015

Daphne, usually for the best frittatas, just open the fridge door and select your goodies. We have them quite often.

If I'm sautéing any of the ingredients, I use an oven-proof skillet to combine everything and then throw in a 375° oven.

or

mix everything in a bowl and pour into a pie plate or some such. Guess what I'm saying is I don't like the method of cooking a frittata complete stovetop. The get puffier and nicely browned in the oven. I guess I'm rambling....

Re: ISO A tried and True Quiche Recipe. - Roxanne 21 - 11-02-2015

We love the quiche lorraine...a bit of time but WELL WORTH IT!! Great leftovers as well---if there are any The humble bacon, egg and onion pie

Re: ISO A tried and True Quiche Recipe. - Gourmet_Mom - 11-02-2015

You guys are great!

So Jean, are you saying to use the same custard as the quiche for a frittata?