Cuisine at home Forums
Tuesday's Dinner, 11/3/15 - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Tuesday's Dinner, 11/3/15 (/showthread.php?tid=173786)

Tuesday's Dinner, 11/3/15 - cjs - 11-03-2015

What's on the menu for today for everyone?

I have a few peanut chicken wings & the sauce left from Sunday, so I'm going to make some kind of a peanut sauced pasta and maybe add some stir-fried veggies. A 'by-the-seat-of-your-pants' dish.

Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 11/3/15 - Mare749 - 11-03-2015

Best kind and sounds yummy.

We have some l/o turkey (we packaged most of it for sandwiches) and a good amount of broth made from the frame. So, turkey tortilla soup is on the menu for today.

Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 11/3/15 - Trixxee - 11-03-2015

Today is a non-student day so thought I'd take advantage of the extra time I have an am making a braised boneless short rib dish with red wine, vegetables, etc. Will served over mashed orange cauliflower that I didn't make yesterday.

Funny all the talk about flank steak yesterday - I went to the store specifically to get flank steak to make the ropa vieja dish (I've never made it before) and not a flank steak in sight. I thought about subbing a chuck roast but they were full price and no way was I going to spend $7/lb on a chuck roast.

Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 11/3/15 - Gourmet_Mom - 11-03-2015

We are having the quiche today. I'll do the Quiche Lorraine or the Ham and Spinach from one of the C@H issues.

Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 11/3/15 - karyn - 11-03-2015

We're having an old (1998) BA recipe...but we still love it. It's Chicken and Green Olive Enchiladas. Basically a quicker mole sauce with jack cheese and green olives. My only modification is that I cook all of the onions in the sauce. I don't like the fact that the onions are only sort of cooked if you add raw onion to the chicken mixture.

Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 11/3/15 - losblanos1 - 11-03-2015

I'm doing an old time classic Cuisine recipe, Chicken cutlets with almond butter sauce and $1.99lb asparagus.

Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 11/3/15 - cjs - 11-04-2015

You suggestion caught my eye, Karyn and the recipe looks good! Copied and saved.

Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 11/3/15 - karyn - 11-04-2015

I hope you and Roy enjoy it as much as we do, Jean!