Cuisine at home Forums
Saturday's Dinner, 12/5/15?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Saturday's Dinner, 12/5/15?? (/showthread.php?tid=174329)

Saturday's Dinner, 12/5/15?? - cjs - 12-05-2015

It's 3a.m. And I'm getting sicker than a dog! Had to get up to breathe. Roy & I seem to be passing this darn cold back and forth. So, we're heading home later this morning.

Anyway, what's for dinner for everyone?

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 12/5/15?? - BarbaraS - 12-05-2015

Oh Jean! That's a shame! I hope you feel better soon!!

I'm making that stuffed pork tenderloin today. I have a knife that will go at least halfway through and a wooden spoon handle to open up the hole.

I had no idea there were so many choices for brie - mild, medium, and intense! What brand did anyone who made this before use?

Barbara

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 12/5/15?? - Mare749 - 12-05-2015

Jean, what a rotten thing to happen! I'm so sorry you have to go home early.

Last night I made a pot of my mom's spaghetti sauce. Today, I decided to try my hand at making meat-filled ravioli, something that has always been intimidating.

The hunters are coming home tonight so I want to have something hot and tasty ready for dinner. During the cold months, I prefer cooked vegetables, so will roast some eggplant, onion, yellow squash, and red bell pepper instead of salad.

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 12/5/15?? - Gourmet_Mom - 12-05-2015

I'm so sorry you have to cut your trip short, Jean! Get well soon!

Maryann, what a great idea with the roasted veggies instead of salad. I think I may do that tonight with our steak!

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 12/5/15?? - Mare749 - 12-05-2015

Daphne, I don't know if you have your own method or not, but here is what I do. Cut your fresh veggies into chunks, toss with 1 to 2 T. olive oil and sprinkle with your choice of seasonings. Then all you have to do is roast at 400° for 20 minutes, checking after 15 min. in case they need stirring. I pull them from the oven when fork tender.

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 12/5/15?? - losblanos1 - 12-05-2015

That is really too bad Jean, I hope you guys feel better soon.

Barbara, I used President brand of Brie, I think it was mild. I'm making it again on Tuesday, but using Boursin instead.

Carylann is making pork ravioli with a mushroom cream sauce for dinner. I'll finally get to use the ravioli attachment for our KA.

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 12/5/15?? - BarbaraS - 12-05-2015

Blane,

I got that brie log at the store. I'll bet Boursin would be much better than brie. Let us know how *messy* the stuffing goes.

Barbara

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 12/5/15?? - losblanos1 - 12-05-2015

Barbara,
I couldn't find Boursin with the garlic/herbs, but I did find garlic/herb goat cheese. My plan is to roll it into a thinner log, partially freeze and insert. If that doesn't work, I'll pipe it in like Jean suggested. I'll come back and give the results.

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 12/5/15?? - labradors - 12-05-2015

Jean,

Sorry you are not feeling well, but look on the bright side: it's happening early enough that you should be better in time for Christmas.

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 12/5/15?? - luvnit - 12-06-2015

Bummer Jean! That's too bad.