Cuisine at home Forums
Anova Precision Cooker - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Anova Precision Cooker (/showthread.php?tid=174705)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Re: My Unit Had a Meltdown! WARNING!! - Cubangirl - 02-15-2016

I would definitely contact Anova right away. Toll-Free: 855.421.8282

I am so sorry this happened to you. We've had ours for more than a year without any problems (ours is the older one without wifi). We cover our cambro with the top with just a cutout for the circulator, no other holes. I didn't know the temp could even go that high.

Re: My Unit Had a Meltdown! WARNING!! - BarbaraS - 02-15-2016

Well here's the thing. I set up the Anova on Sunday and heated water to 135F. It held that temp for 1 1/2 hours. Then I set it to 120F and it cooled down the water bath and held that for an hour as well. I will try to contact Anova this week, but it's going to be *one of THOSE weeks* for me starting tomorrow at 4 am.

Barbara

Re: My Unit Had a Meltdown! WARNING!! - cjs - 02-15-2016

Good luck

Re: My Unit Had a Meltdown! WARNING!! - karyn - 02-15-2016

I'm so sorry, Barbara! That really stinks. I'm really hope that between Amazon and Anova you will have everything resolved. Good luck!!

By the way, the best corned beef I've ever made was sous vide, so those of you with an Anova or any other method of sous vide, get ready for St. Paddy's Day! I'm going to do at least two so that we have leftovers for hash. I've been craving good hash recently.

Re: My Unit Had a Meltdown! WARNING!! - Gourmet_Mom - 02-15-2016

Oh, I bet it would be awesome, Karyn!

Re: My Unit Had a Meltdown! WARNING!! - cjs - 02-15-2016

That's an idea...going to look to see if I can do Attie's sous vide

Re: My Unit Had a Meltdown! WARNING!! - BarbaraS - 02-16-2016

Thanks Everyone,

I know, I know. But I HATE confrontations!! However, I do have all the pics on my iPhone showing how the temp was on the Anova and my instant read thermo.

I can't call until Thursday. I'll try Amazon first but I have never returned anything to them and it did fail one day after my return period. I'll have to call them as their online return says I can't go this route anymore since it was more than 30 days.

Then I'll try Anova. I really want another unit - it's just incredible how the food tastes being cooked this way.

Any phone conversation helpful hints would be really helpful. I'm just brain-dead from today.

Barbara

Re: My Unit Had a Meltdown! WARNING!! - cjs - 02-17-2016

As long as you are concise and to the point on what the unit did and since there was only one day lapse in the warranty, I think either company will come thru for you.

Re: My Unit Had a Meltdown! WARNING!! - Gourmet_Mom - 02-17-2016

I know one thing, if they don't, I'm taking this thing off my wish list.

Re: My Unit Had a Meltdown! WARNING!! - BarbaraS - 02-18-2016

Well Amazon's no help. There's no way I can contact them about anything ordered more than 30 days ago. I keep getting a run-around in their links about even contacting them by phone.

I'm going to use the Anova again this weekend for a strip steak. We'll see how it goes.

Barbara