Cuisine at home Forums
Anova Precision Cooker - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Anova Precision Cooker (/showthread.php?tid=174705)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Re: My Unit Had a Meltdown! WARNING!! - Cubangirl - 02-18-2016

Please take a minute and call Anova asap. They are more likely to send you a new unit right away the sooner you call.

I am not sure Amazon will make an exception to the 30 day policy. Was the unit shipped directly from Amazon or for Amazon from a vendor? If it is the latter, posting a bad review, brings immediate relief from the vendor in my experience.

If you want to contact them anyway, click on return item. At the bottom of the box where it says too late, click on return policy.

On the new page that opens, in the box, on the left at the very bottom click on Contact Us. That will take you to the contact page. It will show your most recent order.

Click on other order until you find the right one. Then under reason select other and you should get some choices. I always choose call me right away. They will call you immediately. I've always been satisfied with the results.

I would call Anova, they have the most to lose.

Re: My Unit Had a Meltdown! WARNING!! - Trixxee - 02-18-2016

I just tested contacting Amazon about an order older than 30 days and it's doable. Like Alina says, you just need to find "another order" and click on that.

Re: My Unit Had a Meltdown! WARNING!! - BarbaraS - 02-19-2016

Okay, so here's what has happened since Thursday when I contacted Amazon and Anova. I have been in the lab and did not have access to the outside world today until I got home at 5.

And THANKS to everyone helping me in sorting this out I have never, ever sent anything back to Amazon because I just don't order through them that much.

I did figure out the link to dispute a defective product after 30 days with Amazon. I sent them an email. I got a response within 2 hours stating that I will be reimbursed the entire purchase amount on the credit card associated with my account. Nowhere did the email say where to send the defective product. Okay, moving on.

I called Anova's Customer Service from home on Thursday afternoon. They're only available from M-F, 9-5 CST. I was told to go to the Anova site and click on Support and email my calibration issue details to them. Did that. So the Customer Service Rep said after I had done that they will evaluate my claim and send me instructions. Haven't heard back from Anova today when I got home.

Amazon sent me another email today verifying a credit card reimbursement. OMG, Amazon is incredible! Seriously!

Still waiting to hear from Anova.

Anova has a Community area for Q&A's about a bunch of stuff and I posted (double posted, unfortunately) about my issue and got one response (haven't checked today and will not until tomorrow - Happy Hour!!) to get my unit replaced. Apparently, this has happened before.

Thanks to everyone for your support and help, I REALLY appreciate it!!

Barbara

Re: Anova Sous Vide - cjs - 02-19-2016

Go with God and a new Sous Vide my dear.

Re: Anova Sous Vide - Gourmet_Mom - 02-19-2016

Congratulations, Barbara! Looks like the situation will soon be resolved fin your favor. Good job!

Re: Anova Sous Vide - foodfiend - 02-22-2016

Barbara, I'm glad that the problem was resolved with a minimum of effort. I love Amazon, probably get a shipment from them every week (grocery items, health care stuff, clothes and shoes-- which are mostly free returns if they don't fit or I don't like them, etc.) and rarely have a problem.

Re: Anova Sous Vide - Trixxee - 02-22-2016

Glad it worked out! I can't tell you how much I love Amazon. They have always come through 100% for ANY type of issue. I have probably placed 500 orders over the last 10 years and they have great service.

Re: Anova Sous Vide - cjs - 02-23-2016

my experiences with them the same!

Re: Anova Sous Vide - BarbaraS - 02-23-2016

So here's the thing.

Hubby verified that Amazon refunded my purchase on the CC associated with my account.

Anova has sent me a FedEx label to return the defective unit for a replacement.

See what I'm getting at here?

I don't order much from Amazon, but they didn't direct me to return the unit much less where to return the unit. Is this what happens with Amazon?

Barbara

Re: Anova Sous Vide - foodfiend - 02-23-2016

As I understand it-- since you paid Amazon for the item, they are the ones to credit the purchase. But Anova, who fulfilled the order, is responsible for notifying you what to do with it.