Cuisine at home Forums
Anova Precision Cooker - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Anova Precision Cooker (/showthread.php?tid=174705)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Re: Anova Sous Vide - Cubangirl - 02-23-2016

Barbara, In the email you got from Amazon, notifying you of the credit, there should be a link for return instructions. They are very good about crediting account immediately and waiting for returns. If there is indeed a return link and you don't send it back, they charge your account for the original purchase.

So if Anova wants it back so they can see why it was defective, then send it back to them. However, ask if you are getting a brand new unit back. At that point, if Amazon charges you for non-return, you are ok, you have a good brand new Anova.

If Anova plans to fix your old unit, I'd send it back to Amazon and just buy a new one. Make sense?

Anova is still a small company in a very competitive new market, so I believe they will be very accommodating. BTW, I always ask for email confirmation of anything I resolve over the phone. Amazon always confirms via email.

Slightly OT, but I just bought a glass cover for my Instant Pot, and the package was a mess, (lid was fine). When I went to check to make sure I'd ordered a new one, I saw the price had gone down $5+, so I contacted Amazon and gave feedback on the packaging and got a refund on the price difference. Gotta love Prime.

Re: Anova Sous Vide - Trixxee - 02-23-2016

The one time I had to send something back because it was defective (it was a banker's type of desk lamp - glass shade was busted in a million pieces), I contacted Amazon who gave me a credit quickly, and in that email they said I would be getting an email from the lamp company as to where to send it back to. It all worked out just as they said.

Re: Anova Sous Vide - BarbaraS - 02-23-2016

Well I just checked and re-checked the Amazon emails (2). No where did it say where to send back the defective unit. Now granted, this was a couple days after my 30-day window was up and I couldn't figure out how to contact Amazon for a day or two.

Anova was very quick in responding to my complaint and sent me an email with a FedEx label to attach to the return package. They said they would mail out a replacement unit as soon as they saw the package in transit.

Meanwhile, the emails were crossing each other. When Hubby told me he got the refund on the AmEx, I told him that I was going to inform Anova not to send out another unit, which I got to do today. I'm still returning the defective unit and I hope they can figure out what went wrong with it. Hey! I'm a product tester myself!

I'm going to get another unit, but this time I'm going to purchase it from Anova directly.

Barbara

Re: Anova Sous Vide - BarbaraS - 03-01-2016

So I got my new unit from Anova yesterday. They'll be getting the defective one sometime today.

I went with the Blue Tooth version again. I read about the WiFi unit and the app, and it really doesn't do much except you can start the unit from a remote location. Personally, I think the only times I'm going to do sous vide is when I'm home and can monitor the unit.

I would recommend ordering from Anova directly. They do have wonderful Customer Support.

Barbara

Re: Anova Sous Vide - Cubangirl - 03-01-2016

So glad you got the issue resolved. Happy Sous Viding!

Re: Anova Sous Vide - BarbaraS - 03-01-2016

You bet Alina!! I've got a double Rib Pork Chop that's coming out of the freezer for this Saturday!

Barbara

Re: Anova Sous Vide - cjs - 03-01-2016

Good luck with your new machine and your chops!

Re: Anova Sous Vide - BarbaraS - 03-06-2016

So I used me new machine last night with success! I was a little worried in the beginning that it beeped "I'm at temp!" when it was .5 degrees FROM temp, but eventually, it synched up with the desired water bath temp. I also had my Polder probe in the water bath and set the alarm to 2 degrees above, just in case.

Made a really nice double Pork Rib Chop. I went for 137F for 2 1/2 hours. Came out perfect, but next time I'd like to do it at 135F. The chop weighed 1lb, 12 oz and was 2 1/2" thick. I also made the Apricot Sauce and that was really good. Nice pairing.

Barbara

Re: Anova Sous Vide - cjs - 03-06-2016

sounds good - I think I'll get mine out this week and do something.

Re: Anova Sous Vide - cjs - 03-06-2016

Well, this week turned into today!!

What a great dinner – Sous Vide steak (125° - 1 hour) and served with Sweet Potato Fries and roasted broccoli.

[Image: mar%206%20003_zpsomlcmfwx.jpg]

And, I finally remembered to have Roy make a martini to go with the steak as I’ve read for the longest time is ‘ideal’!!!
[Image: mar%206%20002_zps0k53gehj.jpg]

[Image: mar%206%20005_zpsthwjcaca.jpg]

What happy campers we be