Cuisine at home Forums
Anova Precision Cooker - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Anova Precision Cooker (/showthread.php?tid=174705)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Re: Anova Sous Vide - Cubangirl - 03-08-2016

Jean, my suggestion is to get out the Food Saver. That's what I use, and I've never had trouble with floating food. However, I don't have the Anova so the water in my sous vide doesn't circulate, so I don't know if that is part of the reason I don't have issues.

[/blockquote]

What kind of sous vide do you have?

Re: Anova Sous Vide - labradors - 03-08-2016

I've seen some people suggesting placing a spoon (or similar, heavy but non-reactive object) into the bag.

I really need to start putting my Anova to more use,but have just been busy with all my baking since that is going so well.

Re: Anova Sous Vide - cjs - 03-08-2016

I have the Anova and have not had any problems so far in any area. But, I have not done multiple hours yet either with regular bags.

Guess I'd better see about replacing my FoodSaver, as my old one I think is just worn out!

There goes my Searszall for Mother's day.............

Re: Anova Sous Vide - karyn - 03-09-2016

Quote:

Jean, my suggestion is to get out the Food Saver. That's what I use, and I've never had trouble with floating food. However, I don't have the Anova so the water in my sous vide doesn't circulate, so I don't know if that is part of the reason I don't have issues.

What kind of sous vide do you have?

[/blockquote]

I have the Sous Vide Supreme Demi. I really like it, but you can't beat the Anova for price and ease of storage.

Re: Anova Sous Vide - Cubangirl - 03-09-2016

Thanks Karyn, that is really cool.

Re: Anova Sous Vide - cjs - 03-12-2016

Did my first chicken thighs sous vide and love them. 148° for 4 hours yesterday and then broiled to brown up - darn rain, couldn't grill 'em

[Image: Mar%2012%20sous%20vide%20thighs_zpsndi9b73k.jpg]

first of four dishes I'll make is l/o Scaloppini gravy, noodles, peas and 1 thigh - 1 down 3 to go

Tonight for our snack - 2nd thigh, open face sandwich.

If the sun would come out, I'd save the last two and make potato salad and pretend spring is here.

Re: Anova Sous Vide - BarbaraS - 03-12-2016

Looking good Jean! Bone-in??

Barbara

Re: Anova Sous Vide - cjs - 03-12-2016

yes, always

Re: Anova Sous Vide - Harborwitch - 03-23-2016

Those thighs look wonderful!

Once I start getting enough paid hours Bob said I can get one! Yea! I'm so excited - and it'll fit in a suitcase - just in case.

Re: Anova Sous Vide - BarbaraS - 03-24-2016

Sharon,

I'm in love with my unit. This weekend, I'm doing a Rib Roast sous vide.

There are units other than Anova, but with the customer service help I got with my first unit, I would recommend Anova.

Barbara