Cuisine at home Forums
Anova Precision Cooker - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Anova Precision Cooker (/showthread.php?tid=174705)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Re: Anova Sous Vide - Harborwitch - 08-08-2016

Thank you! We had real good luck just freezing it in the husk once before. I think the thing I love the most about corn in the sous vide is that it's never waterlogged or dried out. I'm going to get a few dozen ears and go for it.

Jean I am going to do some and then put it on the grill to mark. Sort of like a reverse sear. I do love the flavor of grilled corn - and this corn smells like caramel corn when you grill it!

Re: Anova Sous Vide - Mare749 - 08-08-2016

For anyone who hasn't seen this video yet. Ron likes to put corn on the grill, and the method for shucking works for grilled corn as well.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/15/corn-on-the-cob-shuck-with-joy_n_5585667.html

Re: Anova Sous Vide - BarbaraS - 08-08-2016

Sharon,

Only 35 minutes? Please shoot me the recipe and temp time you have. I saw one method for 3 hours and I was like, NOT!

Barbara

Re: Anova Sous Vide - cjs - 08-08-2016

I guess there are just too many steps for me. But, this is what makes the world go round.

Re: Anova Sous Vide - Harborwitch - 08-08-2016

Hi Barbara

Sous Vide Self Buttering Corn on the Cob

By Carolyn Jung on the Anova Culinary site

Ingredients for 2

2 ears of corn, shucked
2 - 4 TBS cold butter - depending on your preference
Pinch of salt

Set up the Anova and heat water to 181.4 f (a lid helps it heat much faster)

Place ears of corn, along with butter and salt in a plastic bag and vacuum seal.

When the water is hot add the corn and cook for 30 minutes.

When the corn is done remove from the bag and enjoy! Best corn (un-grilled) ever!

Re: Anova Sous Vide - BarbaraS - 08-09-2016

You know, I will give this a try!

Barbara

Re: Anova Sous Vide - Mare749 - 08-09-2016

Did anyone look at the shucking method I posted???

Re: Anova Sous Vide - Harborwitch - 08-09-2016

We have done that Maryann! I really liked it until we got corn in ND . . . we could taste the bug spray and whatever else they had sprayed on the corn. Now I'm more careful about it.

Re: Anova Sous Vide - cjs - 08-10-2016

I did - which added to my opinion of too many steps for me.

Re: Anova Sous Vide - cjs - 08-11-2016

Jesus, I hate eating my words!!! O.K., Sharon, I tried the Sous Vide corn and while I still don’t like anything added to mine, I tried it as you suggested. It was very good. But, I will try it again just rubbed with a little oil and nothing else. That will be the real test. But, I did have trouble keeping it submerged – and yes, I had vacuum sealed it. I jerry-rigged it so they were submerged.