Cuisine at home Forums
Anova Precision Cooker - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Anova Precision Cooker (/showthread.php?tid=174705)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Re: Anova Sous Vide - Harborwitch - 08-11-2016

We served it to company last night and they all loved it! I just hope we can get some more corn! Audrey (the owner's wife - and now a good friend) said she was only able to get 100 ears today to freeze (they cut it off the cob and cook it with a little salt and sugar and freeze) and the vendor told her the season was over . . .

Re: Anova Sous Vide - Gourmet_Mom - 08-12-2016

Our season ended a week or more ago. SIGH!

Re: Anova Sous Vide - Harborwitch - 08-12-2016

We had planned on freezing a couple dozen ears . . . we'll be checking the Farmer's market tomorrow.

We had such an early Spring here that everything is going going gone. We didn't even get any green tomatoes this year. Our tomatoes aren't big enough to slice and fry.

Re: Anova Sous Vide - labradors - 08-13-2016

How important is the vacuum sealing to the corn recipe? I'd love to try it, but don't have a vacuum sealer and use zipper bags immersed in water to force the air out for my sous vide. Sometimes, though, such recipes use the vacuum sealer not just to remove air, but also to "squeeze" some kind of flavour-containing elements into the object (e.g. quick pickling).

Have any of you tried this corn recipe with the zipper bags, instead of a vacuum sealer, and is it still just as amazing?

Re: Anova Sous Vide - cjs - 08-13-2016

Labs, that is actually what I used - I just used the term 'vacuum sealed' so no one would ask if I'd gotten the air out of it.

Since I do have a FoodSaver, I may try it next time - if I do another next time.

Re: Anova Sous Vide - labradors - 08-13-2016

Cool! Thanks!

Re: Anova Sous Vide - cjs - 08-14-2016

Well, something is up with my Anova! Wouldn't circulate the water nor heat it..... With houseguest I didn't have time to fool around with it, so just did my cod a different way. Shoot!

Re: Anova Sous Vide - BarbaraS - 08-14-2016

Barbara

Re: Anova Sous Vide - Cubangirl - 08-14-2016

Check your water level. Mine would not turn on and after panicking I added more water and it worked fine.

Also mine would not turn on because I did not turn it on

Re: Anova Sous Vide - Harborwitch - 08-14-2016

I have done that. Cussed it out good - then Bob noticed that the little arrow was red.

Labs I use food grade zipper bags, the foodsaver bags that are reusable, and the regular food saver bags depending on what I"m doing.