Cuisine at home Forums
Friday Dinner, 1/8/16? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Friday Dinner, 1/8/16? (/showthread.php?tid=175002)

Friday Dinner, 1/8/16? - Trixxee - 01-08-2016

I have what I think are habanero/chicken sausages from Costco thawing in my continued attempt to not waste so much food (my first thought this morning when I cleaned out and organized the freezer was to toss them).

I don't know what to do with them. Any ideas? I guess we could grill them along with peppers and onions for a hoagie or skewer bite size pieces with vegetables and serve them over a bed of rice.

I'll glad take any other ideas.

Guess I'll go with this idea. I kind of like the cilantro/parsley pesto to brush on the kebabs.

http://www.hottie-biscotti.com/blog/2010/06/22/chicken-sausage-and-pepper-kabobs/

Re: Friday Dinner, 1/8/16? - cjs - 01-08-2016

I think you're watching what you eat right now, so I suppose tossing them with a spicy tomato sauce & pasta is out!

I got screwed up on my darn menu plan yesterday - we had the Glazed pork ribs with white (black-eyed, actually) beans yesterday and we'll have the Ropa Vieja with spicy sweet potatoes today.

finally able to get logged back in!!

Re: Friday Dinner, 1/8/16? - Trixxee - 01-08-2016

Right! I'll save my pasta fix for Sunday's norwegian meatballs and egg noodles. I've been craving a dish like that since Blane posted a picture.

Re: Friday Dinner, 1/8/16? - Mare749 - 01-08-2016

Ron wanted a pot of chili, so that's what I made. Probably won't have anything else with it because he usually eats a ton of crackers with butter on them with it.

Re: Friday Dinner, 1/8/16? - BarbaraS - 01-08-2016

But that's the BEST way to eat chili!!!

Picked up to go from various places. Too brain-dead to cook.

Barbara<~~~buttered Saltines ala chili...

Re: Friday Dinner, 1/8/16? - cjs - 01-08-2016

Saltines with chili - YES or cornbread with butter & honey running down your arm good!

Re: Friday Dinner, 1/8/16? - Gourmet_Mom - 01-08-2016

William prefers the corn bread.

Today turned into a Chinese fire drill, so I went and picked up Chinese. Seemed fitting.

Re: Friday Dinner, 1/8/16? - Mare749 - 01-08-2016

I never ate buttered saltines before I knew Ron. Funny how things will grow on you though.