Cuisine at home Forums
Tuesday's Dinner, 1/12/16?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Tuesday's Dinner, 1/12/16?? (/showthread.php?tid=175067)

Tuesday's Dinner, 1/12/16?? - cjs - 01-12-2016

What's on the menu for everyone today??

Today is the weekly meeting of the motely crew, so don't know what we'll go with.

Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 1/12/16?? - Trixxee - 01-12-2016

I am slow baking some baby back ribs with a char siu sauce to turn into fried rice. My friend gave me the recipe - said it's so good with the garlic compound butter you use. Of course butter makes everything better!

Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 1/12/16?? - losblanos1 - 01-12-2016

I'm making the eggs benedict that I was going to make last week, but made Egg McMuffins instead. Sausage on the side, because it makes everything better.

Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 1/12/16?? - Mare749 - 01-12-2016

Well, I had Herb Fried Chicken with black pepper gravy on the menu. Not sure now because we have to go to a wake that is from 4-8 and is a bit of a drive. So, we might just pick up something on the way home.

Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 1/12/16?? - cjs - 01-12-2016

Why I’ll never go completely over to Sous Vide – can you imagine how good my kitchen smells after turkey legs roasting for a couple hours?? Now, if I can stay away from that crispy skin until it cools, I’ll be fine.
Just season under and outside skin, roast at 400°F. for 20 min.; turn heat down to 350° and continue roasting to an internal temperature of 172° (not for doneness, but for ‘tenderer’ meat. )
[Image: Jan%2012%20Roasted%20Turkey%20Legs_zpsnuawgfpb.jpg]

Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 1/12/16?? - karyn - 01-12-2016

We're having the Greek Chicken Roulades that I got in an e-mail last week. I'll serve it with the orzo suggested and some green beans.

Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 1/12/16?? - Gourmet_Mom - 01-12-2016

You've got me drooling!!!!

I went to the store to get ingredients for Zuppa Tuscano, and they've stopped carrying cauliflower! REALLY?!?!?! I had to shift gears fast. I knew I had a batch and a half of marinara in the freezing unit. (I had just moved it from the cooler into my new fridge. I LOVE IT! It's HUGE compared to my old one. And so much more conveniently arranged!). So, anyway, I went with spaghetti.

Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 1/12/16?? - Mare749 - 01-13-2016

Daphne, do you really use cauliflower in your zuppa? I never thought to do that, but what a great idea!

Jean, those roasted turkey legs sure are calling my name! Wow! Thanks for the method. Copied and saved.

Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 1/12/16?? - cjs - 01-13-2016

Maryann, if you're interested, I have a new dry rub that I'm really liking.

I used this amount for 2 turkey legs -
1 T. Montreal Seasoning mix (I have a recipe for this also)
1 tsp. brown sugar
1 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. dry mustard powder

And, also I poured one of those small cans of sprite in the bottom of the pan (under the rack holding the legs) - I save all the 'jus' from this and it is such a wonderful flavor to add to................. we'll see.

Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 1/12/16?? - Mare749 - 01-13-2016

Thanks, Jean. Copied and saved! I might have your recipe for montreal seasoning. Isn't it in one of your books?