Cuisine at home Forums
California Walnut "Meat" Street Tacos - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: California Walnut "Meat" Street Tacos (/showthread.php?tid=175075)

California Walnut "Meat" Street Tacos - cjs - 01-12-2016

Carnivore that I am, this just sounds so tasty!!!

[Image: B4ED8143-3F69-4978-AC1805F0588603B1_land...oeh4vr.jpg]

TACOS - CAULIFLOWER - California Walnut "Meat" Street Tacos

Re: California Walnut "Meat" Street Tacos - Gourmet_Mom - 01-12-2016

That looks and sounds amazing! I'd make it. I wonder what the walnuts add to the flavors? Wouldn't it be just as good without them?

Re: California Walnut "Meat" Street Tacos - cjs - 01-12-2016

No.

Re: California Walnut "Meat" Street Tacos - karyn - 01-12-2016

Even though I'm sure that the tacos would be delicious, I just can't eat walnuts. I grew up in the middle of an old walnut orchard and had to de-husk and shell waaaayyyyy too many wormy walnuts. The flavor really turns me off.

Do you think it would work with pecans?

Re: California Walnut "Meat" Street Tacos - cjs - 01-13-2016

sure - probably any kind of nut would work.

Re: California Walnut "Meat" Street Tacos - Mare749 - 01-13-2016

Karyn, I sure can relate to that! I will never forget the year that my parents went to visit my mom's Aunt Roma in Oklahoma. (How's that for a mouthful) Aunt Roma had a farm and they had several pecan trees. So, naturally my mom brought home a huge bagful and we were so excited to use them until we started cracking them! Turned me off for a while.

Jean, that recipe sounds delicious. Are you going to make it? Isn't it interesting how cauliflower has evolved much like tofu and used in so many different ways now?

Re: California Walnut "Meat" Street Tacos - cjs - 01-13-2016

Yes, as soon as I can work it in.

Re: California Walnut "Meat" Street Tacos - karyn - 01-13-2016

Quote:

Karyn, I sure can relate to that! I will never forget the year that my parents went to visit my mom's Aunt Roma in Oklahoma. (How's that for a mouthful) Aunt Roma had a farm and they had several pecan trees. So, naturally my mom brought home a huge bagful and we were so excited to use them until we started cracking them! Turned me off for a while.

Maryann, it's so nice to know that childhood nightmares don't respect timelines or regional preferences!! Haha!!

Re: California Walnut "Meat" Street Tacos - Gourmet_Mom - 01-16-2016

We had pecan trees. LOTS of pecan trees. I spent many a day picking up pecans. Luckily, my aversion didn't carry over for too long. LOL! The same was true for butter beans, peas and corn. My summer vacations were spent in a hot field or a hot kitchen.

Re: California Walnut "Meat" Street Tacos - cjs - 01-16-2016

Cutting apricots every summer (for school clothes) turned me off dried apricots because of smelling the sulphur houses everyday!!!! I can take them every once in a while, but not often.

Sure glad I didn't work with nuts!! (so to apeak)