Cuisine at home Forums
Review: Fajita Burger Wraps - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Review: Fajita Burger Wraps (/showthread.php?tid=175156)

Review: Fajita Burger Wraps - cjs - 01-16-2016

Ran across this recipe this morning on the Group recipe website and one of those 'off the wall' ideas that I had to try.

Fajita Burger Wraps – Jan 16 2016

These are a fun dinner, but to the dismay of my ‘overly-carnivore’ friends, I sure don’t think you need a 4 oz. patty in this. I’m making them again tomorrow and using 2 oz. for the patty. There are so many great flavors in this; the extra meat really is not needed.

Here’s the recipe posted by Lindsay B. on http://www.grouprecipes.com/141177/fajita-burger-wraps.html

[Image: Jan%2016%20Fajita%20burger%20Wrap%202_zps73sh0uwx.jpg]

[Image: Jan%2016%20Fajita%20Burger%20Wrap%20plat...r0mr6e.jpg]

[Image: Jan%2016%20Fajita%20Burger%20Wrap%20plat...1kqgks.jpg]

Re: Review: Fajita Burger Wraps - Mare749 - 01-16-2016

I love this idea, and would agree that you don't need a 4 oz. burger in a wrap when you have 1/2 cup of vegetables plus cheese. Can't wait to try this. Thank you!!!

Re: Review: Fajita Burger Wraps - Gourmet_Mom - 01-16-2016

I agree that 4 ounces here is overkill. These look amazing! On my short list! Thanks, Jean!

Re: Review: Fajita Burger Wraps - Trixxee - 01-17-2016

Never would fly here. 1/4 lb of of hamburger would be the bare minimum here for dinner. I'm laughing at the idea of serving Tony 2 ounces of meat. LOL.

Re: Review: Fajita Burger Wraps - Mare749 - 01-18-2016

Trixxee, one of those would never fill Ron up either. But, if I gave him two, he would probably be happy, especially since they look really tasty.

Re: Review: Fajita Burger Wraps - cjs - 01-18-2016

For us the 2 oz. patty with all the fixin's was perfect. I wasn't going to post the picture because it didn't turn out looking very appetizing, but here it is and there is a lot of food here.
[Image: Jan%2018%20Fajita%20Burger%20Wrap_zpsfpkblzxx.jpg]

And, Roy Richard is a large man!! Anxious to see if Ron can eat two - hope you make them, Maryann.

Our snack last night was really off the wall - had planned to make a frittata with the l/o pesto pasta, but somewhere I saw a picture of Spaghetti Pizza that intrigued me. And, it turned out yummy! The picture didn't tho.

I mixed the pasta with an egg and a little parm; spread it on a lightly greased pan. Topped with marinara, Mozz, l/0 fajita-seasoned burger and sautéed bell peppers and drizzled with jalapeno syrup.
[Image: Jan%2017%20Spaghetti%20Pizza_zpslwvt86rp.jpg]

All in all, the food was much better than the darn games.

Re: Review: Fajita Burger Wraps - Gourmet_Mom - 01-18-2016

That does look pretty good sized, but I think we will probably hit it in the middle with 3 ounces. I'll share my portion with Cricket. And the pizza sounds delicious! I'll have to remember that next time I have spaghetti.

Re: Review: Fajita Burger Wraps - cjs - 01-18-2016

Lucky Cricket!

Re: Review: Fajita Burger Wraps - labradors - 01-18-2016

Probably not. Dogs shouldn't have onions.

Re: Review: Fajita Burger Wraps - Old Bay - 01-18-2016

The food does look delicious. (Somehow I knew you didn't like the game)l