Cuisine at home Forums
T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/26?16?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/26?16?? (/showthread.php?tid=176409)

T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/26?16?? - cjs - 02-26-2016

What's on the menu for today??

Leftovers here - good timing, stove comes today.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/26?16?? - Trixxee - 02-26-2016

One of two things. Whatever Tony decides to pick up and bring home, or I could defrost some mexican'ish beef brisket and we could make a big machaca breakfast with it and beans, tortillas, salsa, etc.

Actually that sounds kind of good. Maybe I'll go in that direction.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/26?16?? - Gourmet_Mom - 02-26-2016

I want to do ribs with the ginger flavored BBQ sauce Bill and Jane sent for Christmas, but William mentioned steaks. We'll see what he picks up.

I've been hoarding this sauce and the asparagus for months. William opened the asparagus the other night and ate them all!!!! So if I don't get my ribs tonight, I WILL get them some time this weekend.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/26?16?? - losblanos1 - 02-26-2016

I'm grilling up some coconut marinated chicken skewers with pineapple rice and asparagus.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/26?16?? - foodfiend - 02-26-2016

HAPPY NEW STOVE DAY, Jean!!!

Meatloaf from the freezer and whatever else appears in my sight... getting ready for our guests tomorrow night so I'm busy today.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/26?16?? - Mare749 - 02-26-2016

Bar night with friends, so no cooking for me. Everyone's dinner plans sound great. I have had a taste for "Deva's Chili" so maybe I will make that tomorrow.

Have fun with your new stove, Jean!

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/26?16?? - Harborwitch - 02-26-2016

Hope your new stove is a winner!

Had to go to Wenatchee today . . . but we found a new Natural Foods store and I stocked up on rice flour, Bob's Red Mill baking powder, and some potato starch. I think we'll have something on the order of buttermilk fried chicken, green beans, and roasted fingerlings. (I've discovered that rice flour and cornstarch make the crispiest coating/batter). I'll "fry" the chicken in avocado & coconut oils.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/26?16?? - Mare749 - 02-27-2016

That's good to know, Sharon. Thanks!