Cuisine at home Forums
Tuesday's Dinner, 4/19/16?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Tuesday's Dinner, 4/19/16?? (/showthread.php?tid=177744)

Tuesday's Dinner, 4/19/16?? - cjs - 04-19-2016

What's on the menu for everyone today??

Tuesday's Motley crew is getting together again tonight for a movie night and 'beverages' are my assignment along with an easy chile, egg, cheese thang.

I'm taking - are you ready for this?
Paradise Punch
1/2 cup each: blanco tequila, vodka, light rum and gin
2 cups each: cranberry and pineapple juices

These ought to light us up!!

Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 4/19/16?? - Gourmet_Mom - 04-19-2016

Oh my! Looks dangerous to me! LOL! But it ought to be a fun evening!

I have errands to run this afternoon, so I pulled out some Chicken Piccata out of the freezer. I've decided I prefer it with orzo these days. Salad on the side.

Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 4/19/16?? - cjs - 04-19-2016

Susan, do you have an instant read thermometer?? (and if not, why not!! ) That sounds like too long to me also for the patties, but with the temperature probe, stick it in (horizontally) and pull them at 160°-165°. Safest way to do it.

[Image: untitled_zpse5vda88u.png]

I have three - one with my grill, one in the kitchen and one leftover from my catering days. You need one!!

Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 4/19/16?? - Trixxee - 04-19-2016

Still undecided about dinner but I would like to make these muffins today if I have time. Made them once before and they were really good.

http://noblepig.com/2009/05/in-abundance/

Post deleted by sysadmin - - 04-19-2016

yes, a long time. touch is good, but especially when cooking for others, to be safe temping your protein protects everyone.

Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 4/19/16?? - losblanos1 - 04-19-2016

That is an awesome recipe Susan, I've even made it with chicken breasts (which I prefer).

Those muffins look really good Trixxee.

Today it's the coconut marinated chicken skewers with pineapple rice.

Post deleted by sysadmin - - 04-19-2016

Oh no, you should go with what you prefer, that's for sure. I just thought you were a little concerned and consider I go a little overboard with safety...my background. All is good.

Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 4/19/16?? - Mare749 - 04-19-2016

Jean, this will probably sound like nails on a chalkboard to you, but I started using a thermometer only a few years ago and that was only so that I could test my bread.

Speaking of grilling, Ron got a taste for hotdogs, so went to the meat store to buy the good kind that he likes, and I made Bud's Beans to go with. He finally got his appetite back, so he will be a happy camper.