Cuisine at home Forums
What's The Latest? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What's The Latest? (/showthread.php?tid=17782)

What's The Latest? - bjcotton - 04-17-2006

....Gadget you've added to your kitchen? It's been several months since I've added anything, but that last two were a Panini Grill and a 14 cup Cuisinart Food Processor. The latest goodie was four 1/4 cup OXO measuring cups. They have measures for 2 ounces, 60 ml, 4 tablespoons and of course 1/4 cup. They are the handiest thing for mise en place. I had previously gotten one for Christmas and used it all the time, hence the extra 4.

I usually keep my eye out on Ebay and Amazon for good deals on gadgets, that's where I got the panini grill and the food processor.

Re: What's The Latest? - TwilightKitten - 04-17-2006

lol...great thread! My latest gadget is a mango pitter. At least, I think that's my latest...I LOVE gadgets!

Re: What's The Latest? - Old Bay - 04-17-2006

Don't laugh, mine is a needle nose fish boner (for pulling salmon bones). The bones are hard to pull and the pliers are hard to find. My next favorites are my marrow spoons.

Re: What's The Latest? - Bizymomma - 04-17-2006

I've bought a few things lately.
*pizza peel
*2 cup mini food/processor/chopper thingy
*cookbook holder
*and a new coffee grinder...(for spices of course) LOL

Re: What's The Latest? - cjs - 04-17-2006

"mango pitter" - darn, I saw the one Sharon (harborwitch) bot when we were at her house and I so want one. Do you like yours as much as she does hers??

Bill, I've never had the specific "needle nose fish boner " - have always wanted one, but just keep on using tweezers...

marrow spoons - another goodie on my wish list - would have been much easier New Year's with those, eh BillyJ?? We had Osso Buco and I tell you these were the best veal shanks I've ever gotten and the marrow????? Oh my!

So what else do you guys have that this old retired cook doesn't have...

I guess my two favorites, if they are classified as gadgets, are my salt boxes/pigs (keep three spread around the kitchen) and my scale.

Re: What's The Latest? - TwilightKitten - 04-17-2006

Bill - Ooh, where did you find those? I could've used them the other night...those bones are a real pain in the you-know-what!

Jean - Oh, yes, I love the mango pitter and so do my boys!

Re: What's The Latest? - Old Bay - 04-17-2006

I'll ask my wife--she found them. Does anybody else have a green bean frencher?? Self abuse, but really do a good job--strings them too.

Re: What's The Latest? - bjcotton - 04-17-2006

Wouldn't a regular pair of needlenose pliers work just as well Bill? I don't do fish, but it seems it would.

Jean, those mango pitters would have made it much easier when I made the Mango Chutney, but it sure was good Did I give you any?

Re: What's The Latest? - farnfam - 04-17-2006

By far the best thing I ever bought was the 14 Cup Cuisinart Food Prep Plus!! And the handy little chopper is next in usefulness. On my wish list: one of those litte flame throwers to do meringue etc. with (for now hubby uses blow torch). If you could recommend one, I too will go to Ebay and search for one.
This is FUN,
Cis

Re: What's The Latest? - vannin - 04-17-2006

I find artery forceps very useful. Or Needle holders. Harrisons forceps or cheatles are great to for the larger things. Just go to a medical wholesaler and ask for ward grade. They are good enough.