Cuisine at home Forums
White Pepper and Ginger Lemon Cake - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: White Pepper and Ginger Lemon Cake (/showthread.php?tid=17823)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Re: White Pepper and Ginger Lemon Cake - TwilightKitten - 04-20-2006

Ok, so do you guys really use FRESHLY ground white pepper? Or do you substitute the pre-ground? I don't have any whole white peppercorns.

Re: White Pepper and Ginger Lemon Cake - Roxanne 21 - 04-21-2006

I used the pre-ground. WE are lucky to get black peppercorns--never mind white. You will love this recipe!!

OOOOO---you must like it HOT, bj!!!

Re: White Pepper and Ginger Lemon Cake - Roxanne 21 - 04-27-2006

BUMPED for Sabine!!!! You will love it!!!!

Re: White Pepper and Ginger Lemon Cake - TwilightKitten - 04-14-2007

Billy, I was thinking of making this cake for my step-dad's birthday tomorrow. Do you refrigerate it or leave it at room temperature? Thank you!

Re: White Pepper and Ginger Lemon Cake - bjcotton - 04-14-2007

Right after I take it out of the oven, I turn it out onto a rack with wax paper under it and baste it with the lemon/sugar mixture. The cake will remain moist for a couple of days covered with foil [to keep bugs/dog hair off it} or in a cake carrier. My carrier is not one that is sealed, just one to cover it. No refrigeration necessary. It is a wonderful cake. I'd forgotten about it.

Re: White Pepper and Ginger Lemon Cake - Roxanne 21 - 04-14-2007

This is a wonderful cake!!!! No refrigeration is necessary---room temp keeps it totally moist because of the syrups---I think the fridge would spoil the texture---IMHO!!!

I forgot about this one, too-----really nice recipe!!!

Re: White Pepper and Ginger Lemon Cake - TwilightKitten - 04-14-2007

Thanks, guys!

Re: White Pepper and Ginger Lemon Cake - TwilightKitten - 04-24-2007

I forgot to post my review! I did end up making the cake for the party and was so glad I did. Everyone loved it...even my mother liked it and she hates spice. The cake was dense (I hope it was supposed to be!) and reminded me of a lemon bar. The spiciness was sort of an aftertaste, and it was quite nice. Thank you for the recipe, Billy!

Re: White Pepper and Ginger Lemon Cake - cjs - 04-24-2007

gotta make this again...

Re: White Pepper and Ginger Lemon Cake - bjcotton - 04-24-2007

That is exactly like it is supposed to be! It is dense, quite lemony and moist, and the white pepper is supposed to leave a kind of vague after-taste...kind of a "I wonder what that is" thing. I haven't made one in, oh must be a month or more should do one while I'm here.