Cuisine at home Forums
Tuesday's Dinner, 6/14/16?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Tuesday's Dinner, 6/14/16?? (/showthread.php?tid=179118)

Tuesday's Dinner, 6/14/16?? - cjs - 06-14-2016

What's on the menu for everyone today??

Barhop night, so we'll have a bowl of the soup I made with the base of IP's rib jus yesterday.

Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 6/14/16?? - losblanos1 - 06-14-2016

A new recipe from issue #115, Thai basil shrimp.

Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 6/14/16?? - cjs - 06-14-2016

Finally!

Here's our lunch - this is what I posted on facebook.

"I have a very good friend and former neighbor, who on a trip home ā€“ she is a certified Jersey Girl- bought, packed and froze Taylor Pork Roll Sandwiches to bring back to the northwest for us to try. They were very tasty! And then (!), her friend Sam sent her a pkg. of the Taylor Pork Roll meat and, friend that she is, she saved a few slices for me to play with.

Now, Iā€™m a west coast Norwegian who knows squat about New Jersey and its customs, but this is my take on a Pork Roll Sandwich and let me tell you I am so glad I have a few more slices to make these exactly as is again!! The N.J. purists may be snickering, but man, do these taste good ā€“ layered: English muffin (inside out), Miracle Whip, Provolone, fried pork roll slice, MOzz, tomato, deli grainy mustard, Eng. Muffin. Grill to golden perfection in clarified butter! What a feast. Thank you Sarah and Sam!!"
Pork roll sandwich up close
[Image: jun%2014%20008_zpsp099b7no.jpg]

Pork roll sandwich whole
[Image: jun%2014%20006_zpsl5r4xd8k.jpg]

Pork roll sandwich whole sideways
[Image: jun%2014%20003_zpsgrshuyxn.jpg]

eat your hearts out, folks!

Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 6/14/16?? - karyn - 06-14-2016

Looks delicious, Jean!

I'm using up some chicken sausages that I've had in the freezer for a while. I'm going to do kebabs with veggies and a cilantro pesto marinade.

Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 6/14/16?? - Gourmet_Mom - 06-14-2016

Got me drooling! YUM! Have fun tonight! Don't do anything I wouldn't do!

I almost picked up Italian turkey sausage today for our spaghetti, Karyn. I keep giving in to doubts. I LOVE it in the Olive Garden Soup, so I can't figure out why I won't try it in spaghetti. One of these days!

Funny aside. I went to get the salad out of the fridge and realized the bowl was almost empty. Since it was storming outside, we just had spaghetti.

Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 6/14/16?? - cjs - 06-15-2016

oops, Daphne, you have one of those "I didn't to it"s in the house??

Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 6/14/16?? - Mare749 - 06-15-2016

Jean, that sandwich looks fantastic. I'm going to ask east coast friends about that pork roll.

Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 6/14/16?? - cjs - 06-15-2016

go on facebook, Maryann - all kinds of Jersey folks have added their two cents!!! It's so funny. I'll highlight your name so you can read it.

Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 6/14/16?? - Gourmet_Mom - 06-15-2016

Exactly, Jean!