Cuisine at home Forums
What's for dinner, Wed. 6/15/2016? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What's for dinner, Wed. 6/15/2016? (/showthread.php?tid=179134)

What's for dinner, Wed. 6/15/2016? - Mare749 - 06-15-2016

Jean must be busy this a.m., so I'll start. Got some salmon this morning to put on the grill and some beautiful LOCAL asparagus!

Re: What's for dinner, Wed. 6/15/2016? - cjs - 06-15-2016

WTH? I typed a post up = don't know what happened to it. It's in LaLa land, I guess.

I picked up lamb chops, pork roast & burger yesterday and I also have pizza dough thawed out, so don't know what I'm going to do yet.

Also, in the post I told about our bar hopping last night -

"We have a motley crew who go bar hopping each Tuesday night around our town and last night was a winner!! Zak’s bar is morphing into a Firehouse 51 bar, so they are in transition and all they offer now for food is hot dogs. But, with the 8-10 completely different dogs, they may not have to add much to the menu to be a destination in town!!

One they offered was a Bacon Peanut Butter Dog! And, since I love p.nut butter on my BLT, I figured this one can’t be too bad. WOW! It was great – loaded with bacon and just the subtle flavor of peanut butter coming thru.

This bar hopping is certainly opening all of our eyes to the little hidden treasures around here."

[Image: Jun%2014%20Bacon%20P.Butter%20Hot%20Dog_zpsrfxswbzv.jpg]

Re: What's for dinner, Wed. 6/15/2016? - Gourmet_Mom - 06-15-2016

WOW! Sounds like a fun night! I love me some bacon!

Maryann, I'm so envious of your local asparagus! Also, did you see the old dinner thread I bumped for you? It has info about how I modified the Blue Potato Salad from a really good recipe to a really great recipe.

Recently, someone mentioned French Onion Soup and I couldn't get the Salisbury steak recipe we all like off my mind. But today, I thought back to our spaghetti dinner last night. Even after a thunderstorm came through, I couldn't bring myself to eat a hot dinner until the sun was almost down! Not today! We are having a cold salad dinner. I'm going to do the Pasta Cobb Salad minus the chicken. I figured we'd have our protein in a good old fashioned Three Bean Salad.

Re: What's for dinner, Wed. 6/15/2016? - Mare749 - 06-15-2016

Jean, that sounds like a really interesting hotdog. Guess I'm going to have to try that one now.

Thanks, Daphne. I went back and found the thread so I could copy your notes to add to the recipe. Funny, I was thinking exactly the same thing when I was copying the recipe yesterday! Like minds and all that....

It's obviously not something I'd be comfortable making often, but for a really nice special occasion dinner, the modified version is perfect. And don't get me wrong, the recipe as written is really good. Jason and Ashley make that version often.

I hope you like it as much as we do!

Ahhhh, pizza time again - I so love pizza.

L/O fresh tomato sauce, mozz, provolone, rib meat, slivered onions and candied jalapenos. I'd forgotten how much I love the combination of mozz & Provolone on pizza.

[Image: jun%2014%20001_zpsqlrwmeyl.jpg]

We ate so late, don't know if we can handle anything else today!!

DROOL!

You haven't made pizza for a long while, Daphne!!

Re: What's for dinner, Wed. 6/15/2016? - Mare749 - 06-16-2016

Oh, that is making me hungry and it's only 8 a.m.!

Re: What's for dinner, Wed. 6/15/2016? - cjs - 06-16-2016

And, it was so filling - this is what we had for our 'snack' later...........

[Image: jun%2015%20001_zpsrwo5lfeo.jpg]

It's so nice to be free from when the kids were home (a hundred years ago) - when we had to have five items for every dinner!!! Now, we can just snack