Cuisine at home Forums
Gel Mat Replacement - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Gel Mat Replacement (/showthread.php?tid=179462)

Gel Mat Replacement - BarbaraS - 07-02-2016

Hey All.

About 5-6, maybe 7, years ago I bought a huge Gel Pro mat for my kitchen. For whatever reason, it has been breaking down badly over the past year. The basket weave pattern seams are popping all over. So I need to replace it.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a gel mat other than Gel Pro?

TIA,

Barbara

Re: Gel Mat Replacement - cjs - 07-02-2016

darn, my Granddaughter gave me one 4-5 years ago and it is still packed and I really miss having it.

As far as a replacement goes, I don't have any ideas - I know they are darned expensive. I wish she would buy me another one.

Re: Gel Mat Replacement - Cubangirl - 07-02-2016

My first gel mat was a quilted one, expensive that I got at BB&B. It started curling up at the edge making it a bit unsafe. I replaced it with this one which was a warehouse deal so I saved $50.00. It goes in front of the sink counter area. Since then I've also purchased this one for front of stove and opposite counter. I have been extremely happy with these. More cushiony than my original Gel Pro one and they wipe off easily without staining.

Re: Gel Mat Replacement - BarbaraS - 07-03-2016

Thanks Alina!

I measured the one I want replaced, and it's 34" x 72". I can't find that size anymore! It's either 20 or 30" wide. Crap!

This is not going to be fun.

Barbara

Re: Gel Mat Replacement - Gourmet_Mom - 07-03-2016

Barbara, I have one saved on my Amazon wish list. I like it because the length is adjustable to almost any length. But it's only 20 inches wide. Let me know if you want to look at it anyway.