Cuisine at home Forums
Monday's Dinner, 7/11/16?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Monday's Dinner, 7/11/16?? (/showthread.php?tid=179681)

Monday's Dinner, 7/11/16?? - cjs - 07-11-2016

What's on the menu for everyone today??

I'm sure it will be something from Fast & Fresh. Sat down and looked thru this book and can't believe how many dishes I marked.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/11/16?? - Mare749 - 07-11-2016

That's a good idea, Jean. I need to do the same thing.

However, I wasn't thinking along those lines when I started some rye bread last night that is rising nicely this morning. So tonight will be patty melts and some grilled veggies.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/11/16?? - cjs - 07-11-2016

Patty melts

I've decided on the Fresh Corn Carbonara from Fast & Fresh book. Topped with some garlic-oven-roasted prawns.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/11/16?? - foodfiend - 07-11-2016

For some reason, I'm free as a bird this afternoon so I dug up a recipe for a Vietnamese salad ("bun") with grilled pork. It's a little more time-intensive that what I have been making for dinner, but I wanted something different tonight.
http://www.finecooking.com/recipes/vietnamese_grilled_pork.aspx

Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/11/16?? - karyn - 07-11-2016

Some delicious sounding food tonight! I love patty melts, and I'm saving the Vietnamese salad. It sounds delicious! We're having grilled steak fajitas tonight. It's been a while so I'm really looking forward to them!

Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/11/16?? - cjs - 07-11-2016

Oooops, just looked at the recipe and it isn't from C@H book after all............it's an Epicurious.com recipe. Duh. Sure good with the suggestions of reviewers.
[Image: jul%2011%20003_zpsngiy4xfo.jpg]

Fresh Corn Carbonara

I'm thinking a can of smoked clams to go with the leftovers as we ate the prawns.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/11/16?? - Gourmet_Mom - 07-11-2016

I've bookmarked both recipes! Those shrimp look awesome, Jean!

Long day today. I didn't get my shopping done, so dinners are going to be on hold until I can coordinate shopping and a day off to prep. That said, it is lucky I forgot to take our wraps for lunch! They were waiting for us when we got home. I'm anxious to see how the smoothie thaws. So far so good.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/11/16?? - Mare749 - 07-11-2016

Yummy looking dish, Jean.

Vicci, that is one of my favorite summer meals. I change them up with pork, chicken, or shrimp and sometimes top them with a sliced crispy spring roll.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/11/16?? - Gourmet_Mom - 07-11-2016

Update! Thawed smoothie mix just enough to break it up a bit...add some smoothie chunks and vodka...SLUSHY! YUM!!!!

Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/11/16?? - pjcooks - 07-11-2016

That corn carbonara looks great! A must try-thanks for the idea. Well, I finally had some peoples to cook for. I texted my 3 boys at 10 AM and invited them to a "clean out the freezer" dinner. They all showed:-)

We had a duck (sous vide) pizza with fontina , caramalized onions, fresh rosemary and cracklings. 4 lamb loin chops were thrown on the grill. A huge piece of bone in rib eye steak (leftover from Sat night dinner) was thrown in the sous vide to warm it up-perfectly warm and still med rare. Mac and cheese (thanks, Instant Pot), a small tortiere, some leftover mashed with brussell sprouts, and a bit of fennel chestnut dressing (leftover from Turkey Day) Oh, and a pizza with fresh tomatoes, fresh mozz and wild mushrooms with pepperoni.

I cleared some freezer space and saw the boys to boot!!