Cuisine at home Forums
Pasta with Butter and Parmesan - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Pasta with Butter and Parmesan (/showthread.php?tid=179773)

Pasta with Butter and Parmesan - cjs - 07-14-2016

The friends from CA brought their Grandson, Clayton, with them and he is a picky eater – “…likes cheese pizza, pasta with butter and Parmesan, Nathan Hot Dogs…….”
So, I chose the pasta with butter and Parm. O.K. stay with me here.

I suppose a lot of you have had this dish?? I can say I have never had it in my life. The thought of just butter and parm?? No. Well, this is what I fixed for Clayton….please note the quantities –

PASTA - SIMPLE - Garlic-Buttered Pasta Recipe
But, God Forbid I add anything else, so delete the garlic, the parsley )
2 cups uncooked small pasta shells, alphabet pasta or ring macaroni
3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (Because of nothing else, I upped the cheese to ½ cup/2 oz.!!)
2 Tbs minced fresh parsley
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper

Melted the butter (1/2 CUP – ONE WHOLE STICK OF BUTTER!!!). Cook pasta; drain, and pour melted butter over adding the grated Parmesan cheese. Put in small casserole dishes for Clayton.

I swear to God I have never tasted anything so rich, so decadent, so darn good!! I told Roy he was going to have to eat what Clayton left over, that no way would I eat it. Well, today I gave in. Long story short, I had sautéed chicken cutlets in lemon to have today, so I heated the chicken with some of that darn pasta over the top and I can’t tell you how good it was!! The lemon just cut thru the richness of the pasta and was pure ambrosia. Wine: Berringer’s Pinto Grigio and Apothic Dark both were wonderful with this dish. This is written kind of tongue-in-cheek only because I’m sure this is a universal pasta dish, but it always seemed too far over the top for me. And it was, but oh my, was it ever good!!
[Image: jul%2014%20002_zpsmmuimzq9.jpg]

Re: Pasta with Butter and Parmesan - Mare749 - 07-14-2016

Did you add the garlic when you made it for yourself? You HAVE to add the garlic! I like angel hair done this way. Sometimes it's just the simple things...

Re: Pasta with Butter and Parmesan - Gourmet_Mom - 07-14-2016

so good!

Re: Pasta with Butter and Parmesan - Trixxee - 07-14-2016

Looks fantastic.

Re: Pasta with Butter and Parmesan - cjs - 07-14-2016

Nope, but there was garlic in the lemon chicken, so got it.

Re: Pasta with Butter and Parmesan - foodfiend - 07-14-2016

This is Jack's favorite pasta dish to request when we are short on time. Of course, I use mostly olive oil and a little butter, but a ton of garlic and parsley. A mix of locatelli (a romano cheese) and Parm is our favorite. Mom liked to add peas, and I do that occasionally too.

Re: Pasta with Butter and Parmesan - cjs - 07-14-2016

Oh, I do a simple pasta also (olive oil, garlic & Parm) - BUT this one that he likes had 1/2 a cup of butter!!!

Re: Pasta with Butter and Parmesan - foodfiend - 07-15-2016

When I saw that 1 stick of butter, well, that's just crazy! The butter does add richness to the dish, rather than using all olive oil, but you don't need that much!