Cuisine at home Forums
Is This Blasphemous??? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Is This Blasphemous??? (/showthread.php?tid=180127)

Is This Blasphemous??? - cjs - 08-03-2016

Wow, messing with the Mother Sauces - who'd a thunk it.

Five Sauces for the Modern Cook

Hmmmm, interesting concept, but I'm thinking in addition (or variations of) the Mother Sauces. Old school, I know.

Re: Is This Blasphemous??? - Gourmet_Mom - 08-03-2016

I think calling them Mother Sauces, whether you attach "New" to it or not is a stretch. Why confuse the the home cook? But I sure would like to know what some of the old school Master Chefs have to say about this. I'm guessing it's not complimentary.

Re: Is This Blasphemous??? - Old Bay - 08-04-2016

I've been making three of these for years. The Tahini is not on my menu, but I have thought about experimenting with yogurt.

Re: Is This Blasphemous??? - cjs - 08-04-2016

Oh Bill, my heart skipped a few beats the other day when we heard about the shooting in Austin!! The victims seem to be so indiscriminately chosen, it could be anyone!!

Re: Is This Blasphemous??? - Old Bay - 08-04-2016

Both our kids were moving, Eric bought his first house (condo) and Allison into a new apartment when she gets back from a cheese conference in Des Moine. Eric told his mom, "we were nowhere near 6th street".

Re: Is This Blasphemous??? - cjs - 08-04-2016

Thank God and you and Jane can breathe again (not to mention those who love you all!!)

Re: Is This Blasphemous??? - Gourmet_Mom - 08-04-2016

Thank goodness the kids are safe! I did think of Allison, but I felt sure you would let us know! I totally forgot Eric was there also! Thanks for letting us know for sure!