Cuisine at home Forums
Sunday Dinner, 8/21/16?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Sunday Dinner, 8/21/16?? (/showthread.php?tid=180428)

Sunday Dinner, 8/21/16?? - cjs - 08-21-2016

What's on the menu for today for us?

Just a repeat of yesterday's meal here. So summery and good.

Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/21/16?? - Mare749 - 08-21-2016

We're going back to the lake this afternoon for the kite festival, then meeting friends at their church for an "International Festival". So, we will be sampling nationality foods and listening to local bands tonight. There will probably be some pierogi tasting involved.

Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/21/16?? - Trixxee - 08-21-2016

Making a new dish tonight (which I think is similar to a recipe from the new issue - I think).

http://www.italianfoodforever.com/2008/10/pasta-alla-norcina/

Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/21/16?? - Harborwitch - 08-21-2016

I had a great meal planned . . . sort of. That was my story all week. I am now working 6 days a week, although some of them are shorter. I screwed up today, went down to get caught up on some reports and paperwork thinking I'd be off tomorrow . . . nope. Sigh I am now "Facilities Manager", in charge of the Pro Shop, RV Park, and anything under that umbrella and doing all the back office for the restaurant, bank deposits, reconciling cash, etc. I was almost doing all of it before, but now we're short staffed.

I was going to make a quick chile verde (the pork is cooked sous vide - just need to make the sauce and simmer) but now the grey water tank is clogged . . .

Sigh . . . maybe Chile verde with rice and some corn.

Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/21/16?? - cjs - 08-22-2016

....this too, shall pass....

Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/21/16?? - Mare749 - 08-22-2016

Oh, Sharon, sounds like a lot of responsibility. Do you really want all that on your shoulders?

We had such a fun evening with friends. There were several different nationality foods to choose from and we all got something different. Some got stuffed cabbage, pierogi, cabbage and noodles, Greek food, Italian food, funnel cakes, etc. Ron and I had really delicious gyros on fresh made warm pitas, and hand cut french fries. A fabulous local band played dance music all evening. I literally "crawled" out of bed this morning! So out of shape!

Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/21/16?? - cjs - 08-22-2016

Wow, what a fun sounding night!!

Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/21/16?? - Gourmet_Mom - 08-22-2016

I hope you guys get more staff soon, Sharon. That's a lot of responsibility! And I thought I was overwhelmed!

Maryann, you are just having too much fun these days! So jealous! But we are working on a way of staying in Southport some nights and getting our social life back. We have isolated oirselves way too long.

We had some leftover shrimp, sausage and corn on the cob from Saturday night, and fried chicken and cheesy sides from lunch, so leftovers were dinner.

Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/21/16?? - Harborwitch - 08-22-2016

OMG! Maryann . . . that sounds so incredible.

Actually Maryann - I did most of it before, while the "GM" played on FB. Now I don't have to sign his name on the checks and I have to do time cards. It's nice to work in a totally "woman managed" business! It's just going to take a while to get it all dialed in, and we're so short staffed (all of the work campers we had this summer had "family medical emergencies" that caused them to leave way before their time commitment was up. They almost all said that if there were "certain changes" they'd love to come back. Hmmmmm. I think we have two people coming the first of the month, he's organized tournaments and has lots of good experience. She's very bubbly and has retail experience.

Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/21/16?? - Harborwitch - 08-22-2016

Oh Daphne that dinner sounds awfully good!