Cuisine at home Forums
Monday's Dinner, 8/22/16?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Monday's Dinner, 8/22/16?? (/showthread.php?tid=180437)

Monday's Dinner, 8/22/16?? - cjs - 08-22-2016

What's on the menu for everyone today??

Yesterday, trying to clean out freezer, I made a fruit pie with a really nice combination of fruits - blackberries and plums. Only made a half pie, but wish I had more now....glad I don't!

Dinner today will be out of the freezer, too. Have to go look at the new issue. (hope you're looking, Maryann)

Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/22/16?? - karyn - 08-22-2016

We had a crazy weekend, so I'm doing my last Blue Apron dinner tonight. Its Basques-Style Lamb and Beef Piperade. I'm taking this week off and then changing my delivery day to Tuesdays so that I don't have to plan for Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/22/16?? - cjs - 08-22-2016

This will certainly make your life easier, Karyn!! Enjoy.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/22/16?? - Trixxee - 08-22-2016

Two more days of summer here for us and then I'll be scrambling dinners. We have an appointment for Michael at a dermatologist this afternoon and wanted something easy for when we get back so Tony turned a grilled tri tip he made on Saturday into chili yesterday. Will just heat that up with some tortillas when we get home.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/22/16?? - losblanos1 - 08-22-2016

Chili here also.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/22/16?? - Mare749 - 08-22-2016

Trixxee, so glad you checked in. Hope everything is okay in your part of the world.

We have an assortment of l/os to use up, so I'll call this a "tapas" night.

Karyn, it sounds like your meal plans will be a lot easier during the school year. Please let us know if you are still happy with the service.

Jean, I had the kiddos today, so haven't had a chance to pick a review dinner yet, but will try to post one by tomorrow.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/22/16?? - Gourmet_Mom - 08-22-2016

Trixxe, I hope things are improving for you guys!

Karyn, I love that you found this service. I hope you continue to enjoy it! It sure does help with planning! What a time saver! One thing, and probably the only thing that I can say was better about teaching and what I'm doing now is that I got home early enough to fix dinner. Now I'm lucky to get home before 7 o'clock!

That said, we had another stressful day, so we stopped for salads at the deli. I really need to start sharing our lunches. William had a great burger, Andrew had a GREAT Saigon Special, and I had a lovely Caesar Salad with grilled shrimp from Loco Joe's. I'm wondering if Andrew's dish is similar to one you mentioned a while back. It had a sauce called "nouch mam " sauce(sp?) and had an Asian pork with vermicelli rice noodles, lettuce and cucumber? Very good and a ton of food! I'm anxious to get that next time. I'll try to start taking pictures.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/22/16?? - cjs - 08-23-2016

Yes, to pictures, Daphne.

Speaking of pictures - this one ain't pretty, but wow, the flavor combination was so good! Plum & Blackberry pie
[Image: aug%2022%20002_zpsr5lkvipa.jpg]

And last night got together with cousins and had my favorite company dessert - Marshmallow Crème & Cream Cheese dip with fruit.
[Image: aug%2022%20006_zpscogsa25v.jpg]

Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/22/16?? - Mare749 - 08-23-2016

Daphne, that Vietnamese salad that Andrew had is one of my favorites, especially in the summer.

Jean, your pie is very pretty!

Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/22/16?? - cjs - 08-23-2016

thanks, it sure is good.