Cuisine at home Forums
VOT-Speaking of Water Babies - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: VOT-Speaking of Water Babies (/showthread.php?tid=180536)

VOT-Speaking of Water Babies - Gourmet_Mom - 08-27-2016

After all that talk about swimming the other day, I got to thinking we were over due. My baby, Cricket, is getting old. She has a heart problem and she hurt her hip a couple of years ago. So she is not very active these days.

She has also developed a skin condition that causes her to scratch a lot. The vet suggested an oatmeal shampoo. So today, we combined a dip in the lake with a bath and water therapy. It has been months since she has been in the water, which used to be her happy place. She just moaned with pleasure.

We may not have her much longer, but while we still have her, we intend to give her as much pleasure as we can. We plan to make a habit of this from now on. William thinks the zero ph of the lake water should be good for her. Which makes me wonder...her excessive itching started about the same time she stopped getting in the lake.

[Image: d5eef947558fa7094b7ed5d0286049b5.jpg]

[Image: dc4b810dada14ad8f5e5366474416cac.jpg]

Re: VOT-Speaking of Water Babies - Mare749 - 08-27-2016

Oh my, that had to be such a treat for Cricket! And for you, too!

Re: VOT-Speaking of Water Babies - Harborwitch - 08-27-2016

Daphne that is so beautiful. What a great gift for a sweet loving member of the family and for you and William.

Re: VOT-Speaking of Water Babies - cjs - 08-28-2016

Love the pictures and I'm so envious of your 'backyard' Bless Cricket's heart, she looks so cute.

Re: VOT-Speaking of Water Babies - labradors - 08-28-2016

Great pictures. Hope she feels better. Sometimes the itching can even come from a slight food sensitivity and switching to a different diet (e.g. no chicken) can help.

Re: VOT-Speaking of Water Babies - Gourmet_Mom - 08-28-2016

Thanks, you guys!

Labs, that is the next atep. The pet store said that if it didn't work, that switching her to a fish food diet may be helpful. So far, the shampoo seems to be working.

Re: VOT-Speaking of Water Babies - labradors - 08-28-2016

Cool!