Cuisine at home Forums
DINNER THREAD, 2/6/17 - 2/12/17 - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: DINNER THREAD, 2/6/17 - 2/12/17 (/showthread.php?tid=181104)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: DINNER THREAD, 2/6/17 - 2/12/17 - cjs - 02-09-2017

I'm not sure what I'm talking about either......  Cool 

Moving on, Happy late birthday to Mr. William!! Smile

Thursday's Dinner, 2/9/17??

What's for dinner today?? 

Leftover enchiladas here and some kind of dessert!! We've been so good and now the dessert cravings are creeping up.

RE: DINNER THREAD, 2/6/17 - 2/12/17 - Mare749 - 02-09-2017

Happy belated birthday to William! Hope it was a great day for him. Smile

I think we're going to have old school tacos tonight.

RE: DINNER THREAD, 2/6/17 - 2/12/17 - Trixxee - 02-09-2017

Happy Birthday William!

Now I'm craving an enchilada - of any kind, doesn't matter.  Wink

We are having thin cut pork chops and broccoli.  Might throw a bread stick in there, shouldn't though.

DON'T Trixxee - you're doing so well

RE: DINNER THREAD, 2/6/17 - 2/12/17 - Trixxee - 02-09-2017

Thanks - I will resist.  I actually put on a pound.   Up and down, up and down.  But in general I know I'm headed in the right direction.  For lunch I'm making chicken salad with NO BREAD.  Wink

RE: DINNER THREAD, 2/6/17 - 2/12/17 - Mare749 - 02-09-2017

Trixxee, you really are an inspiration! I know it's what I need to do but just haven't gotten started yet! Good for you!

One thing that I have done in recent weeks is make time to exercise a little bit every day. I do yoga (stretching) exercises in the morning and walk for at least 30 minutes, and more if my sister and I go to the mall.

Edited to add: I made THE BEST chicken stock in the IP the other day. So today, I made chicken noodle soup (with some added vegetables) and got 3 quarts, one for us, and one for each of the parents. Also, made two batches of pizzelles, most of them will go to the parents, too, since they eat cookies like crazy. And...I got all the prep done for old school tacos for tonight. Nice productive day. Smile

Maryann, you do make me miss my Aunt so much - the 3rd Wednesday of the month, we would head for Everett for a shopping excursion with her and take a batch of different foods. I wish I had taken a picture of her freezer - it was the most organized use of space I have ever seen - all labeled and dated.

But, in addition to so missing her and making her favorites, is that I would also hold back 1 or 2 servings for us - so we could indulge but not overdo on the 'bad' stuff!! darn.

Will get with you for the exact directions for  your chicken stock............why am I so intimidated with this darn pot????

OOOps forgot to post the picture of our dessert!! My friend gave us the last of her blackberries last fall and I finally made my favorite cobbler this morning - so good!! Roy, of course, had to have ice cream on his, but I love it 'naked'  Heart Heart Heart

[Image: Feb%209%20%20Blk%20Berry%20Cobbler_zpshuzza0fa.jpg]
I  usually use a blend of misc. berries, but today was just pure beautiful blackberries!!!!

RE: DINNER THREAD, 2/6/17 - 2/12/17 - Gourmet_Mom - 02-09-2017

Jean, William would have LOVED that cobbler!  His grandmother ALWAYS had some sort of dessert on the little marble table in the old kitchen.  Most of the time it was pound cake, but many times, she would also have pies.  His favorite was her blackberry or the wild berry variety we call "briarberries".

Maryann, I can't wait to see how you made your stock.  Mine turned out great, but I'd be willing to improve it.   Big Grin

We are having the Chicken Ramen Stirfry tonight.