Cuisine at home Forums
DINNER THREAD, 4/17/17 - 4/23/17 - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: DINNER THREAD, 4/17/17 - 4/23/17 (/showthread.php?tid=181141)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: DINNER THREAD, 4/17/17 - 4/23/17 - cjs - 04-21-2017

T.G.I.F. Dinner, 4/21/17??

What's for dinner today??

Eating out of the freezer here. I made a Sweet Potato soup a few days ago which was rather bland, so one of the meals we had with it I added some of the Spicy Short Ribs w/ sauce (from the freezer, also) to it and we couldn't believe how tasty it was. So, I'll be looking for another baggie of goodies to add to some today, too. 

RE: DINNER THREAD, 4/17/17 - 4/23/17 - Trixxee - 04-21-2017

All this talk about cauliflower is making me want that bacon cauliflower salad again!

I think we are going off the reservation today and having a sandwich.  ;Wink   It will be a procuitto, gruyere, pesto grilled cheese type of thing with brioche bread dipped in egg.  So sort of a Monte Cristo type of thing as well.

Not sure if that's for lunch or dinner.  The other meal has to be low carb.

RE: DINNER THREAD, 4/17/17 - 4/23/17 - Mare749 - 04-21-2017

I'm astonished that you have stayed with low carb for this long, Trixxee! Enjoy your sandwich, it's well deserved. I plan to occasionally "reward" myself with something that I really miss, but not until I lose a bit. I have not been on the scale, but feel more comfortable already.

Tonight we will be having some baked cod using my grandmom's recipe which calls for stewed tomatoes, grated onion, butter, salt and pepper. Cauliflower fried rice on the side.

ETA: Just read your post, Labs. Thank you!

RE: DINNER THREAD, 4/17/17 - 4/23/17 - Gourmet_Mom - 04-21-2017

Thanks for the tips, Maryann and Labs!

Enjoy your splurge, Trixxee!  I agree, you've earned it!

It's been a long week, and since we had steak night last night, we are switching it up with pizza night tonight.  I'll try to balance it out with healthy stuff over the weekend.  Tongue

RE: DINNER THREAD, 4/17/17 - 4/23/17 - cjs - 04-22-2017

Saturday's Dinner, 4/22/17??

What's for dinner today??

I'm tired of eating out of the freezer so I'm treating us with oven-fried chicken, potato salad and jello. Family favorites. Heart

RE: DINNER THREAD, 4/17/17 - 4/23/17 - Gourmet_Mom - 04-22-2017

I had to giggle at the jello!

I'm not sure yet.  It depends on if William thinks he'd like to have clams.  If not, I may just throw together a shrimp pot...simple.  When we stay over on the weekends, we work Saturday, and William rests up on Sunday while I do laundry. The weather is gorgeous, and I don't have anything in particular I need to do at the office, so I've been given the day off!  I want to make the most of it.

For now, me and a book have a date on the patio on my new lounge chair.   Big Grin

RE: DINNER THREAD, 4/17/17 - 4/23/17 - Mare749 - 04-22-2017

Wow, a day off! Make the most of that, Daphne! Are you still loving your new home?

Not sure what dinner will be just yet. We have to go check up on Ron's parents and see what they might need. I made them a pineapple upside down cake this morning, (their favorite) and pulled a container of vegetable soup from the freezer to take them. Wish I had thought ahead, could have made them a loaf of bread. Even though I'm not eating it myself for the moment, I still love making it! Weird, I know.

Now that I'm thinking about it, will probably make up a chef salad before we leave. That way it's ready and if Ron wants to put something on the grill, it won't take long to get dinner ready.

Yesterday would have been so great for a Chef's salad in the sunshine on the deck. Today - you can almost see the darkness deepen, winds coming up and it's raining now. Supposed to rain all week. Good God, when are they going to stop. Sad

Oh, today's dinner was exactly what the doctor ordered!!
[Image: Apr%2022%20Oven%20Fried%20Chix_zpsc75ejmuh.jpg]

[Image: Apr%2022%20Potato%20Salad_zpsvcx4qij4.jpg]

Haven't pigged out like this in a long time. Smile And, how can you beat old fashioned Strawberry jello with grapes. Smile

RE: DINNER THREAD, 4/17/17 - 4/23/17 - Gourmet_Mom - 04-22-2017

We decided to go with the shrimp.  So much easier on my little stove.

I want to get an outdoor burner.  My little stove is just too small to get an even cooking on things.  It's been a challenge up to now, but now that the weather is nice, I'll be able to cook outside more.  Now to find the right kind of burner.  William says we need a low pressure type.  I'm in the process of reading the reviews on some I've found on Amazon.  If you guys know of a tried and true model, let me know.

An aside about my day, William ran some errands this morning and came home.  He decided he needed a day off also.  Our landlord came down at lunch time to invite us to come have hotdogs at the picnic area.  He's excited about getting back into park picnics again, now the weather is nice.  We will be staying over next weekend as well.  They are cooking a whole hog for the park!  I'll be taking coleslaw and potato salad.  I'm so excited!

Anyway, it was so windy today, I suggested we plant our vegetables and herbs today.  I now have four tomato plants, three basil, and a mosquito plant.  We have two more pots to fill, but I'm waiting to decide what I want to put in them.  We are now enjoying cocktails on the patio and dinner will go on shortly.  It's been a wonderful stress free day!