Cuisine at home Forums
Mother's Day Coming - May 14th - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Mother's Day Coming - May 14th (/showthread.php?tid=181153)

Pages: 1 2

Mother's Day Coming - May 14th - cjs - 05-10-2017

What's everyone (all four of us..............  Confused  )  doing for Mom's day??

We're headed south sometime between Mom's day and the birthday....hopefully. I'm going to let Trace spoil me for a few days. Heart  

RE: Mother's Day Coming - May 14th - Mare749 - 05-10-2017

My girls are taking me out tomorrow night to a fun place that Heather found. Scallops and mussels are calling me.

http://www.ccsocialkitchen.com/

RE: Mother's Day Coming - May 14th - Gourmet_Mom - 05-11-2017

We will all meet up for a late lunch Sunday.  Details after we decide.

RE: Mother's Day Coming - May 14th - Mare749 - 05-13-2017

I wanted to show off my fancy schmanzy dinner out with my daughters the other night. I'm sure glad I went with them and not Ron.  (not enough food on the plate for him Wink )

So, we started the meal with cocktails.  Heather and I had the Blueberry Rondell and Holly had a Mason's Mule.
[Image: IMG_0834_zpss6kcgrqy.jpg]
BLUEBERRY RONDELL:
Stoli Vodka, muddled mint and blueberries, fresh lemon, honey, simple syrup and soda

MASON'S MULE:
George Dickel Rye Whiskey infused with vanilla bean, fresh muddled orange, ginger beer.

While the girls shared  a chicken wing appetizer, I had a spinach salad.
[Image: IMG_0841_zpsttza82ob.jpg]

CHICKEN WINGS:
Confit wings, roasted garlic five spice rub, soy pickled vegetables, orange, honey

[Image: IMG_0836_zps3vsepqev.jpg]

SPINACH SALAD:
Roasted mushrooms, bacon, toasted panko, pickled carrots, smoked blue, shallot vinaigrette (It was really much prettier than the pic shows. I had already given part of it to both girls.)

Entrees
Mine: SCALLOPS
Red skin and pork belly hash, spinach, creamed leeks
[Image: IMG_0839_zpsvahutubl.jpg]

Heather:C & C STEAK:
Smoked blue cheese red skin gratin, shaved Brussels sprouts, oven dried tomatoes, balsamic
[Image: IMG_0837_zpslzywgqdn.jpg]

Holly: PORK PAPRIKASH:
Braised pork shoulder, smoked paprika spaetzle, crème fraiche
[Image: IMG_0838_zpssrs1mndj.jpg]

Wines: I had a pinot gris and the girls both had a zin

We were too full for dessert although they sounded amazing.

RE: Mother's Day Coming - May 14th - cjs - 05-13-2017

Wow, what a feast and great pictures.... I'm drooling!!

RE: Mother's Day Coming - May 14th - Cubangirl - 05-13-2017

I am going to have a blah Mother's Day since I had heavy duty periodontal surgery Thursday, and am on a soft food diet. I did discover an excellent flan style pudding and lemon meringue jello that tastes like pie without the crust. I also made some yogurt on the IP and found the sugar free Almond Orgeat syrup that I have for my coffee is excellent with yogurt. 

My son just return from a 2 week trip to Paris and Monaco. After eating a steak at the Michelin starred La Scène, his comment was he'd rather have a burrito. Somehow I failed as a mother! I'm not a steak person, but I'm really craving one now.

RE: Mother's Day Coming - May 14th - cjs - 05-14-2017

"he'd rather have a burrito." --- and then there is one of my sons who always wanted S.O.S. for his b'day dinner - no steak. Smile Smile Smile

Good luck with the surgery, Alina; not something to look forward to. And, since pie crust gives me such heartburn, I'd love to see the recipe for the Lemon jello. Love lemon pie!

RE: Mother's Day Coming - May 14th - cjs - 05-14-2017

I'm rather between a rock and a hard spot here - I'll just have to say we're having leftovers from my B'day review dinner instead of cooking a new one. But, the bubbly will be flowing!!

RE: Mother's Day Coming - May 14th - Mare749 - 05-14-2017

Happy Mother's Day everyone!

RE: Mother's Day Coming - May 14th - cjs - 05-15-2017

And, as they say...that's a wrap. Smile