Cuisine at home Forums
DINNER THREAD - 5/15/17 - 5/21/17 - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: DINNER THREAD - 5/15/17 - 5/21/17 (/showthread.php?tid=181155)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: DINNER THREAD - 5/15/17 - 5/21/17 - cjs - 05-23-2017

Knockers up, Sweetie

RE: DINNER THREAD - 5/15/17 - 5/21/17 - Mare749 - 05-23-2017

I have a story to tell. When my girls graduated from high school, I was also very emotional. Their first year of college, they both went to BGSU. which is a 2 1/2 hour drive away. I was excited for them, but dreading the empty nest. So, the day we moved them into their dorm, I held it in until we got to the truck to drive home, then burst into tears and cried off and on the entire ride home. Poor Ron just stared at the road.

It was a blessing that I was working full time then because at least that got me out of the house. But, every day for two solid weeks, I would wander around the house, look into their bedrooms and start crying again! Every night, Ron would say, let's go out and we did. By the end of that two weeks, I started wondering to myself, "what was that I was crying about?" Big Grin

It's just the transition, like you said. Wink

RE: DINNER THREAD - 5/15/17 - 5/21/17 - cjs - 05-23-2017

I remember the house being as quiet as a tomb after the last one left....I still have to have the music on or some background noise all day.

Funny how we all find our ways to cope. I can't remember how many Augusts would come and I'd feel I wasn't doing something I should be. Sorting and buying school clothes. Smile

RE: DINNER THREAD - 5/15/17 - 5/21/17 - Trixxee - 05-23-2017

I cannot even imagine having 2 children leaving at once.  And honestly, "my" transition to college shouldn't be too bad because Michael will still be living at home and at this rate I'll still be driving him to and from community college (luckily only 10 minutes away).

Jean - when Michael first went to pre-K and kindergarten I used to put Barney or Sesame Street on when he was gone.  It was my way of coping with missing him.