Cuisine at home Forums
Father's Day Plans??? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Father's Day Plans??? (/showthread.php?tid=181169)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Father's Day Plans??? - cjs - 06-18-2017

I've had them at every house we've had (for us!) that hasn't had the river or a pool. Smile They're fun

RE: Father's Day Plans??? - cjs - 06-19-2017

Tracie got Roy a box of popcorn (10 different varieties!!) - so I see some popcorn bread in our future. I think I only made it once (~2009??) and it was a pain, but pretty good flavored bread. May play with again.

I have a heck of a time logging into Photobucket when I get knocked off, so can't post a picture of Roy's Coney Island Haute Dog from yesterday.... Wow, was he in love!!!

Smoked Sausage
Coney Island sauce (this is really tasty!)
Sauerkraut
chopped onion
hot dog mustard
on a Spinach Wrap - he doesn't care for hot dog buns

Died and gone to heaven!!

RE: Father's Day Plans??? - Mare749 - 06-19-2017

Jean, I remember making popcorn bread also and liking it. Why was it a pain to make? I just put the popped corn into my food processor and whirled it up before adding it to the other ingredients.

Uh oh. Now I'm wondering if I did it wrong?

RE: Father's Day Plans??? - cjs - 06-19-2017

I seem to remember popcorn 'electrically' (a word?) all over the place. I might be over stating Wink 

Forgot to mention - I had 1/2 can of refried beans open so I added them to a small batch of baked beans and I think these are the tastiest beans I've made. Added a creaminess and cut the sweetness baked beans can sometimes have. I'll certainly do this again.  Interesting.

RE: Father's Day Plans??? - Mare749 - 06-19-2017

I love that idea, Jean. We did something similar in one of our review dinners with re-fried beans and I loved it. Now I don't want them any other way.

RE: Father's Day Plans??? - Gourmet_Mom - 06-20-2017

Oh, I made the popcorn bread many times and LOVED it!  If I remember correctly, the dough was super silky and made a really tender bread.

Jean, I'll have to try your refried beans idea!

RE: Father's Day Plans??? - cjs - 06-21-2017

I hope I get to it today - I grabbed the bags of "Honey Mustard" and "Sun Dried Tomato Basil" popcorn - if I make a full batch of the bread, I'll have to use both of them. hmmm, sounds kinda good. Smile

RE: Father's Day Plans??? - Gourmet_Mom - 06-21-2017

Those flavors sound great....especially the tomato basil!  I hadn't thought about flavored pre popped popcorn!

RE: Father's Day Plans??? - cjs - 06-21-2017

Well, today got away from me, but come hell or high water, tomorrow............. Smile

Photobucket is acting up again, and darn it, we had a really tasty BBQ Rib pizza today for dinner! Sad

RE: Father's Day Plans??? - Mare749 - 06-22-2017

I am getting so annoyed with Photobucket. It takes forever just to upload a few photos. Wish I could remember the site that Labs recommended.