Cuisine at home Forums
DINNER THREAD -8/7/17 - 8/13/17 - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: DINNER THREAD -8/7/17 - 8/13/17 (/showthread.php?tid=181198)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: DINNER THREAD -8/7/17 - 8/13/17 - Mare749 - 08-08-2017

Oh, we love that as much as red chili with beef! I started using a packaged seasoning mix from McCormick just because it's easy and we really like it. Ron likes to crumble a few tortilla chips in his bowl and we both like a dollop of sour cream on top.

I decided to use that squash today and make a taco boat like Heather suggested.

RE: DINNER THREAD -8/7/17 - 8/13/17 - cjs - 08-08-2017

I'm going with a tub of my favorite peanut sauce tossed with some rice noodles and grilled chix wings.

RE: DINNER THREAD -8/7/17 - 8/13/17 - Harborwitch - 08-08-2017

I have some leftover London broil and mushrooms so I'm making a riff on Stroganoff and Basmati rice.  I'll serve it with some haricot vert I got at Costoc yesterday.  I wish it was cooler - chile sounds so good!

RE: DINNER THREAD -8/7/17 - 8/13/17 - Trixxee - 08-09-2017

We are going to the Orange County Fair today (if you bring $5 worth of new school supplies you get in free plus a free ride ticket - that's like an $18 value).    I can't believe all the supplies I was able to buy at Target for $15.  24 pack of crayons, 50 cents a box.  Ten markers, $1.00 a pack etc.

I am hoping my favorite gryo place is there.  It's pretty much a tradition for me.

RE: DINNER THREAD -8/7/17 - 8/13/17 - cjs - 08-09-2017

Wednesday's Dinner, 8/9/17??

What's for dinner today??

RE: DINNER THREAD -8/7/17 - 8/13/17 - Harborwitch - 08-09-2017

I am thinking Buffalo Chicken Mac & Cheese and a green salad. Not cast in stone yet.

RE: DINNER THREAD -8/7/17 - 8/13/17 - cjs - 08-09-2017

from the freezer Noodles and mushroom sauce.

If I don't show up on the forum for the next couple of days it's computer/connection problems, so just carrying on until I can show my face again.....

RE: DINNER THREAD -8/7/17 - 8/13/17 - Gourmet_Mom - 08-09-2017

Jean, you have had your fair share of computer issues recently!

Trixxee, I hope you got your gyro!  A fair sounds fun!

The Terriyaki Chicken was really good.  I haven't made Fried Rice in a long time….it turned out great.

I know two Asian recipes in two days is a bit much, but I am economizing.  Tonight, I took advantage of a pork tenderloin I saved from the  broken freezer.  I should have cooked it before now, actually.  We had the Chicken Ramen Stir Fry but with pork.  I now cut back the ramen to two packs and double the sauce and veggies.  It was really good.  I haven't made it in a while.  Now that I have a full functioning fridge, I meal planned and was able to get ingredients that don't have to be used up in a day or two.  YEAH!  FINALLY!!!!!

RE: DINNER THREAD -8/7/17 - 8/13/17 - Mare749 - 08-09-2017

Well, sure hope you aren't missing for very long, Jean!

Tonight was a fun evening spent with Holly, Bob, and one of their long time friends. Heather was "celebrity bartending" at a local pub for a fundraiser for MetroHealth moms and infants. She did a great job for her first time and even though it was crowded and crazy, she took it all in stride. The bar donated 20% of their sales between 6-10 p.m. to the fundraiser and any money that went into the tip jar at the bar.

The food was great. I had half of a fried haddock sandwich that was huge! Brought the rest home to have tomorrow.

RE: DINNER THREAD -8/7/17 - 8/13/17 - cjs - 08-10-2017

Thursday's Dinner, 8/10/17??

(Fingers crossed the band aids we've used work and I can keep on goin'! :Smile  )  

What's for dinner today? 

I made a batch of Marinara yesterday, so will have some today with Tortellini and maybe a couple little grilled lamb chops.

I have a leftover tip I'm going to post that was just wonderful last night. For our later snack, I like to split (to use 2 nights) a box of Pacific Red Pepper & Tomato Soup and add all my leftovers to it. Last night I had some rice noodles I had sauced with my Spicy Peanut Sauce to add along with other goodies. Let me tell you the addition of the peanut sauce was great!! Just a nice subtle back flavor of the Asian hit the spot.