Cuisine at home Forums
Dinner Thread - 10/23- 10/29 - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Dinner Thread - 10/23- 10/29 (/showthread.php?tid=181224)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Dinner Thread - 10/23- 10/29 - Harborwitch - 10-28-2017

Yum Daphne!

We are fortunate that 99% of the time we don't have any power issues. I didn't realize I had the WiFi version! Of course during the summer we push our electrical limits.

RE: Dinner Thread - 10/23- 10/29 - Trixxee - 10-28-2017

Thanks guys.   Smile

Today just got away from me between helping Michael research a project on Asperger's Syndrome (we should be experts by now) and general household stuff I think Tony's going to run out for some brisket and slaw.  Never did get it the day we were supposed to this week.  Michael the Picky wants penne with parm and butter.  OK, works for me.  I'll throw a side of carrot sticks as an appetizer for him.  Wink

RE: Dinner Thread - 10/23- 10/29 - Gourmet_Mom - 10-29-2017

Shoot!  I just lost a long post about our dinner out with Mom, Ashley and Jason here:

http://www.pilothouserest.com

Fillets, lobster, steam pot, fried seafood, and newberg were dinner.  It was all vey good!  This was our 30th birthday celebration for Ashley that we missed a few weeks ago.

RE: Dinner Thread - 10/23- 10/29 - Mare749 - 10-29-2017

Don't you just hate when that happens! It's like you only have a certain amount of time to post your message or it's gone. Sad For lengthy posts, it's probably safer to type it in Word first, then copy to the thread.

Glad you had a nice birthday celebration with Ashley. The menu looks delicious. The steam pot would be calling my name.

Ron was up at 5 a.m. to get the smoker ready for a brisket. Last night, he trimmed it of all the excess fat, and we put a rub of only salt and cracked pepper on it, according to several recipes that we looked at. It went into the smoker at 6, so we don't really know if/when it will be ready for dinner. Our gorgeous Autumn weather turned cold and rainy, so we don't know how much that will affect the timing. This is one of those times when the Igrill temperature probe is very handy. We are hoping to have a big platter of sliced meat to take to family dinner at Holly's by 7. Fingers crossed.

That sounds really good!  I know, I usually do.  

New news!  We just made a deal with a neighbor.  Their camper is twice the size of ours with the bonus of a full size screened in porch.  It's permanently set up with a large cover over all.  There is a storage shed with a small freezer.  And the guy shocked us all, including his wife, by adding his boat to the deal.  The boat is a deep hull center console with twin yamaha115 motors with low hours, double the electronics you would ever wish for and an extensive salt water tackle collection. All have been meticuloisly cared for.  All the boat stuff is worth more than we are paying for everything!  Super excited!  Pictures maybe later.

RE: Dinner Thread - 10/23- 10/29 - Harborwitch - 10-29-2017

SCORE!  Great deal Daphne.  Yea!

Brisket seems to be a theme here.  And that seafood dinner has me drooling!

Last night I put a half a Costco rotisserie chicken in a bag and reheated it in the "bucket".  We had some leftover mashed potatoes and broccoli with cheese and I fried up a bunch of green tomatoes.   I made up a little bit of BBQ sauce for the chicken.  Easy dinner.

RE: Dinner Thread - 10/23- 10/29 - losblanos1 - 10-29-2017

Wow Daphne, what a fantastic deal.

Everyone sure has been cooking some great meals.

Peppered filets with asparagus here.

RE: Dinner Thread - 10/23- 10/29 - Mare749 - 10-29-2017

Daphne, that's really exciting! So happy for you! When are you moving? Hope you will find the time to do some fishing, too.

I made sausage stuffed mushrooms and a loaf of homestyle bread to take to family dinner as well. We had to bring in the brisket to finish in the oven now because it's just too chilly and rainy outside. And, we want to make sure it's done in time. We only lifted the lid twice, once to put the temperature probe in then several hours later to bring it out and wrap in foil, but the temperature dropped significantly so we were afraid to put it back in. So, it's in the basement oven to finish.

RE: Dinner Thread - 10/23- 10/29 - Trixxee - 10-29-2017

Everything sounds great - especially Daphen's news!

We had french onion chicken tonight served with roasted cauliflower.  I discovered these pre-cut bags of cauliflower that are perfect for 2-3 people.  Less waste than a big bag and no chopping for me.  $1.99.  Worth it.

We are so excited!  It's going to be a long three weeks!  And Ashley and Jason are so excited...We won't have trouble finding fishing partners there!  Jason has never been off shore, so he is really excited!  They are so excited, they came over today to check out the boat.  I pointed out the advantage that the "new" camper would be a getaway for them when we finally move in with Mom....or a getaway from Mom's for us....LOL!

Photobucket is being stupid!  Maryann, can I send them to you?  It's complicated.