Cuisine at home Forums
DINNER THREAD - 11/6-11-12 - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: DINNER THREAD - 11/6-11-12 (/showthread.php?tid=181231)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: DINNER THREAD - 11/6-11-12 - Trixxee - 11-08-2017

Interesting that that product has Riboflavin in it for yellow coloring.  Michael takes 400mg of Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) and the powder in the capsules is yellow.  

Tony is heading to some smallish town in TX for an education trade show so we are on our own.  I think I'll just saute a chicken breast and cook the rest of the green beans from last night.  I have a feeling Michael will want french toast - it's about time for that in his weekly rotation of meals.  Wink

RE: DINNER THREAD - 11/6-11-12 - Mare749 - 11-08-2017

I have never used Vegeta, although it is a common seasoning around here due to the large Eastern European population. Now I'm curious, so will have to try it. What else do you cook with it, Sharon?

Do you ever use Maggi seasoning? I bought some for a recipe for banh mi, and haven't used it since because I don't really know what else to add it to.

I picked up a nice rib-eye for us to share, so dinner will be steak and oven roasted veggies.

RE: DINNER THREAD - 11/6-11-12 - Harborwitch - 11-08-2017

Interesting Trixxee!  I hadn't paid a whole lot of attention to the ingredients.  Bob and I saw (and see it frequently in reruns) a Diners, Driveins, and Dives with an Austrian chef who was using Vegeta.  It was quite some time before we ever saw it. Maryann I have used it for a number of things and wished I'd had some when I did the stuffed cabbage using the ground pork.  Pot roast, stews, soups.  I wanted to make sure I had it before we left, not sure about what we'll find down there.  4 lbs ought to hold me for a while, plus I always like to have some to share.  

That is the bonus good news about the move!  Our new boss is a "foodie".  She and I are getting along great and text, email or phone almost daily!  This is going to be serious fun.

RE: DINNER THREAD - 11/6-11-12 - Mare749 - 11-08-2017

I found Vegeta at Wally World in a 4 lb. bag, so went ahead and got it since Sharon gave it such a glowing endorsement. Well, I must say it's pretty impressive stuff! I had a quart of soup left over, so added a small spoonful to it (maybe 1/2 tsp. at most) and it really added great flavor!

RE: DINNER THREAD - 11/6-11-12 - Gourmet_Mom - 11-08-2017

I'll have to check that out.  Maryann, what aisle did you find it on?

I am so upset.  I moved a lot of my kitchen stuff to the new trailer, so I have used my half sheet pan over the stove to put things out of the oven on.  Tonight, I made my Chicken Pot Pie.  I LOVE that recipe!  Took one of the prettiest pies ever out of the oven, set it on the pan, and the glass pie pan exploded!  I almost cried. Angry  Any idea what happened?

Dominoes to the rescue.  Tilley was happy.  She LOVES pizza!   Undecided

RE: DINNER THREAD - 11/6-11-12 - Harborwitch - 11-08-2017

Any chance that there is a cold draft under that half sheet pan?  I know if we don't keep an eye on one of our vents we'll get cold wind coming in over the stove.  

We both had appointments with our new back doctor in Wenatchee (one of Jean's favorite destinations) today so we went to our 2nd favorite taqueria for lunch.  We had Posole which was awesome, but I realized too late that they cooked the Tacos Papas in the same oil they cook burritos and all the rest of the flour based food.  Glutened for the first time in weeks.

Tonight is a frozen gluten free cheese pizza with some pepperonni on top.  Lactaid pills for the cheese.  We are also having a salad with a new apple vinaigrette dressing we found at Costco - just simple baby romaine and green leaf lettuce.  Dressing is gluten free and dairy free,

RE: DINNER THREAD - 11/6-11-12 - Gourmet_Mom - 11-08-2017

It's possible?  Bringing one of my wooden cutting boards back and making my pie again tomorrow.   Dodgy

RE: DINNER THREAD - 11/6-11-12 - Mare749 - 11-09-2017

Daphne, I don't remember the exact aisle it was in, but it wasn't in the soup aisle like I thought it would be. I had to ask a stock clerk where it was. Seems to me it was with other imported items if that helps?

Sorry about your pie. Not sure I would use glass pans in the RV oven again after that. Sad

Sharon, I remember Jean talking about Wenatchee and how much they loved it over there. Were even thinking of moving there. Hope your new doc is helpful.

Dinner tonight is not exactly healthy. Ron found "Sizzler Steaks" at Wally World. Said he hasn't seen them in years, but used to get a sandwich at some bar. He cooked them for us a few weeks ago and I have to admit they were tasty, especially with the caramelized onions and mushrooms that we put on them with a nice toasty sub roll. Will have a nice crunchy chopped salad to go with.

RE: DINNER THREAD - 11/6-11-12 - Trixxee - 11-09-2017

Sorry about the pie, the pan and the mess!  I had a 9x13 glass pan explode once and by the grace of god Michael didn't get hurt.  He was a baby and he was in his walker in the kitchen about 2 feet from the explosion.

RE: DINNER THREAD - 11/6-11-12 - Gourmet_Mom - 11-09-2017

I know!  I used a foil pan tonight....found some of the larger variety at Walmart.  This pie turned out even better!

Oh, Trixxe, that must have been super scary!

Maryann, is that the thin sliced steak I've seen in the frozen section?