Cuisine at home Forums
DINNER THREAD---12/4 to 12/10/2017 - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: DINNER THREAD---12/4 to 12/10/2017 (/showthread.php?tid=181237)

Pages: 1 2

DINNER THREAD---12/4 to 12/10/2017 - Mare749 - 12-04-2017

What's for dinner?

I have no idea since we won't be home. Ron has to take his dad to an appointment, then is meeting me at 5:30 for Katie's first high school basketball game. I have to keep a separate calendar on the fridge with all the b-ball games listed for Katie, Abby, and now Tommy. So, we might be eating hotdogs from the concession stand. Big Grin

RE: DINNER THREAD---12/4 to 12/10/2017 - Trixxee - 12-04-2017

I am making that Indian butter chicken again (it was soooo good) served over some Green Giant riced veggies.

RE: DINNER THREAD---12/4 to 12/10/2017 - Gourmet_Mom - 12-04-2017

WOW!  That time of year already, Maryann!  I love how active you guys are in the lives of your grandchildren! I hope I will some day have that opportunity!  I’ll eat concession hot dogs with a smile every night if need be!   Tongue

Trixxee, I am just too unsure about that recipe.  It is so far out from my comfort zone.  Maybe I’ll get a chance to sample it sometime?

William insisted on shrimp again tonight.  I guess I will be ordering more this week.  I think I may need to order more this time.   Undecided

RE: DINNER THREAD---12/4 to 12/10/2017 - Harborwitch - 12-04-2017

Uhm . . . . I am not sure what we're having yet.  Chicken something . . . not sure chicken what yet.

RE: DINNER THREAD---12/4 to 12/10/2017 - Mare749 - 12-05-2017

Trixxee, did you post your butter chicken recipe on here? If so, I missed it and would love to make it.

RE: DINNER THREAD---12/4 to 12/10/2017 - Gourmet_Mom - 12-05-2017

I was supposed to make the Japanese Fried Chicken tonight, but we got home late, so I’m diving in the freezer for frozen leftovers.  I found two cooked steaks that I had saved for Beef and Broccoli that I haven’t used and I’ve got two potatoes leftover from mashed potatoes from a few days ago.  There is salad already made in the fridge.  Easy Peasy!

RE: DINNER THREAD---12/4 to 12/10/2017 - Trixxee - 12-06-2017

Last night we had more ham and bean soup - sure was good.  

Going to try this new low carb recipe tonight.

https://lowcarbyum.com/mexican-zucchini-and-beef/

Maryann, here is the recipe.  But I saute an onion first which is not in Joanna's recipe but is in Sharon's.  Outstanding flavors.  Oh, and since I don't have tumeric anymore I added regular old curry powder for color but I like the taste of that.  I think that was a tip from Sharon as well.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/268949408978432746/

RE: DINNER THREAD---12/4 to 12/10/2017 - Mare749 - 12-06-2017

Wow, that recipe is a lot easier than I thought it would be. Will be trying soon. Thanks T!

We had leftover chicken rice soup (Chinese Chicken Congee) and it was so good. I think it's my new favorite soup and so easy to make in the Instant Pot. Gina from the Old Chef 2 Chef forum made it a lot for her parents. So, yesterday when my dad wasn't feeling well, I decided to make it for him and saved a bit for us.

We FINALLY got our Christmas decorating done! Life kept getting in the way, but today we had the time to do it. Smile

RE: DINNER THREAD---12/4 to 12/10/2017 - Harborwitch - 12-06-2017

Monday night we did have chicken.  After a trip to the crazy crazy good ($$$) grocery store in town I had inspiration, a jar of green peppercorn mustard on closeout caught my eye.  Chicken, home marinated artichoke hearts, red onion, with the green peppercorn mustard and a splash of wine. I reduced the sauce and served the chicken over a 50/50 salad mix with a Honey Apple salad dressing.  Light and perfect.

Last night was Chili Mac & Cheese and another salad.  Gluten free pasta is my friend.  

Today we went to lunch in town at a Mexican restaurant in town.  It was OK, not very authentic compared to what we're used to - very Americanized but good.  I thinking leftovers for dinner tonight.

RE: DINNER THREAD---12/4 to 12/10/2017 - Trixxee - 12-07-2017

Even though it's still windy, I pulled a bone in rib eye out of the freezer for Tony to grill.  I'm going to make a mushroom cream sauce I've been seeing all over FB to go on top.  Also we'll split a diced roasted sweet potato and for the sake of ease, I'll pick up a pre-made salad.  Ready Pac has some decent ones.