Cuisine at home Forums
DINNER THREAD---12/11/ to 12/17/2017 - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: DINNER THREAD---12/11/ to 12/17/2017 (/showthread.php?tid=181242)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: DINNER THREAD---12/11/ to 12/17/2017 - Mare749 - 12-16-2017

Well, our plans went to He!! in a handbasket! Poor Abby is sick. The flu went through the 7th and 8th grade at her school in a matter of days! Basketball games cancelled! So, Ron and I are working on the Christmas cookies. I flat-out refuse to do the sugar cookie cut-outs without help because he likes them extra thin and crispy. One big PIA. So, we're having happy hour cocktails and working on that. Will probably be having pizza delivery tonight. Big Grin

RE: DINNER THREAD---12/11/ to 12/17/2017 - Gourmet_Mom - 12-16-2017

Well, I wasted a Saturday afternoon when I could have been making cookies.  One of the houses I had to draw in had some odd angles, and of course, the plans didn’t have the angle identified!  We thought we had one right and the other one would work itself out.  We had the one we figured was wrong, but we didn’t figure that out until I had drawn the darn thing three times!  GEEZ!

Anyway, after all that frustration, I didn’t have it in me to do Trixxee’s soup, so I just made mine since I could almost make it with my eyes closed. Undecided

Maryann, I’m sorry about your plans.  And poor Abby!

Sharon, what a GREAT deal!

RE: DINNER THREAD---12/11/ to 12/17/2017 - Mare749 - 12-18-2017

Thanks, Daphne.

FYI for anyone who is sitting on the fence about getting a flu shot...Holly was feeling conflicted about taking her girls for one this year for some reason. Abby was hit so hard it put her in bed for three days with a high fever. On Friday night, it went so high, she started convulsing. Holly got her cooled down and she is fine now, although still home from school. It must be highly contageous because it went through the whole junior high in less than a week.

RE: DINNER THREAD---12/11/ to 12/17/2017 - Gourmet_Mom - 12-18-2017

Poor Abby! As a parent, I would have been petrified! Is Holly the nurse or the teacher? I can never remember which is which! Either way, having a nurse in the family always helps!

You know, I remember the times that would happen.  It almost seemed pointless to try to teach anything new....so usually I didn’t.  I must say that I was extremely lucky in the more than 30years of teaching.  But most long term teachers will tell you, our immune system is very strong.  I guess now that I’m no longer in the classroom, I may need to be more careful.

RE: DINNER THREAD---12/11/ to 12/17/2017 - Mare749 - 12-20-2017

I think that's probably true, Daphne. When I was working my sales route and going in and out of grocery stores all day, I think my immune system was built up over time. Grocery stores are the germiest places on earth! Both of my girls also seem to have an amazing immune system. Holly is the 4th/5th grade special ed teacher. Heather is a pediatric nurse so she gets germs in her face all day long, but like the doctors she works with, she rarely gets sick. Maybe one cold a year.