Cuisine at home Forums
What's on the Menu 06/04 - 06/10? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What's on the Menu 06/04 - 06/10? (/showthread.php?tid=181280)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: What's on the Menu 06/04 - 06/10? - losblanos1 - 06-10-2018

Maryann, I can't remember what kind of sausage that I used, just regular Italian sausage links, I think? I still buy romaine, just not when it's from Yuma. Big Grin

Dinner tonight is easy, Tacos.

RE: What's on the Menu 06/04 - 06/10? - Harborwitch - 06-10-2018

I absolutely love IP Risotto.  It was perfect.  

Sausage in Panzanella?  Hmmmmmm.  

We are using a lot of different greens, including romaine with no problems.  But then all of our lettuces are coming from Oregon & Washington.  

Tonight's dinner is Sous Vide Pork Cheeks from the Anova Culinary site, mashed potatoes and steamed or roasted carrots.  I have to consider my power limitations . . . this really sucks.  This is our last batch of cheeks, we'll freeze one bag back for another dinner - we did 2 1.5 lb bags because they came in a 3lb frozen bag.  Pork cheeks are one of the most succulent pieces of pork, next to the belly.  These pork cheeks were from a farm where the pigs were pastured and allowed to fallow wherever, and fed a superb diet.!  I'm praying that we can find more this year from a local grower.

RE: What's on the Menu 06/04 - 06/10? - Mare749 - 06-11-2018

Sharon, would you mind giving me your risotto recipe? I'm finding that a lot of the recipes online are not consistent.

Dinner tonight will be out. Going downtown with my girls for a "paint night" event. We'll stop for cocktails and snacks on the way.

RE: What's on the Menu 06/04 - 06/10? - Harborwitch - 06-11-2018

Of course Maryann

It is from the Official Instant Pot Cookbook that I just picked up at Costco.  It has some wonderful recipes in it!

Mushroom & Spinach Risotto

2 TBS Olive Oil
1/3 c chopped shallots
1 8 oz package cremini mushrooms sliced
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 c. chicken or vegetable stock
1 c. Arboria rice
1/4 tsp dried thyme
1 Tbs butter
2 c. baby spinach (I didn't have any, and it was fine)
1/3 c. freshly grated Parm.

Select Saute on the IP and adjust to normal.  Add oil to pot.  When oil is hot. add shallots and cook for 3 minutes to soften, stirring occasionally. Add mushrooms, salt and crushed red pepper, cook for 4 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender, stirring frequently.  Add garlic, cook and stir 1 minute more.  Press Cancel.  Add broth, rice, and thyme.  Secure lid on the pot, close the pressure-release valve.

Select Manual and cook at high pressure for 6 minutes.  When cooking is complete use a quick release to depressurize.

To serve:  Add butter and spinach to rice mixture and stir to wilt spinach.  Stir in Parm.

If you like quinoa let me know - there is an excellent recipe for a quick vegetarian dinner in the book.

RE: What's on the Menu 06/04 - 06/10? - Mare749 - 06-11-2018

Thank you! I can't wait to try this! I don't know if we like quinoa because we haven't tried it yet, but would like to if you don't mind posting the recipe? Smile Tongue