Cuisine at home Forums
REV - Italian Sub on Cover - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: REV - Italian Sub on Cover (/showthread.php?tid=18918)

REV - Italian Sub on Cover - DFen911 - 05-17-2006

Ok I made these subs tonight. WOW! What a wonderful combination of flavors. I was a bit concerned when I opened the package of the creamy gorgonzola cheese and about passed out from the smell. But once you get passed that the flavor is very rich.

I also did not have, or could find, the jar of roasted peppers. So I grabbed 2 red bell peppers and roasted them myself.

The biggest surprise was the watercress. Very subtle in flavor but the sandwiches would have been missing something without it.

2 thumbs up from me. And my daughter, husband and father in law who all enjoyed them.

Re: REV - Italian Sub on Cover - TwilightKitten - 05-17-2006

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for the great review! Hope you decide to stick around!

Re: REV - Italian Sub on Cover - cjs - 05-17-2006

Welcome!!

Next trip I'm bringing all my c@h mags. - this is really awful not knowing what you guys are talking about. It's going to take a week when i get home to go back thru all the posts and match recipes to magazines...

Re: REV - Italian Sub on Cover - TwilightKitten - 05-17-2006

It's from the new issue that I STILL haven't gotten yet. Yes, I will whine until I get it.

Re: REV - Italian Sub on Cover - bjcotton - 05-17-2006

Well my dear, other than the almost raw meat, the sandwich looks delectable. Just something to tease you a little more.

[Image: ItalianStkSandy.jpg]

Re: REV - Italian Sub on Cover - farnfam - 05-30-2006

Made these tonite and they were GREAT!!! The gorganzola, red pepper mayo is wonderful. We just loved them 10YUMS!

Re: REV - Italian Sub on Cover - cjs - 05-31-2006

O.K. on the dinner menu they go...

Re: REV - Italian Sub on Cover - vannin - 05-31-2006

Oh, how I love all you good people.