Cuisine at home Forums
Outdoor Kitchen Magazine? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Outdoor Kitchen Magazine? (/showthread.php?tid=21327)

Outdoor Kitchen Magazine? - DFen911 - 08-15-2006

Ok so hubby springs on me that after my culinary school is over he'd like to have an outdoor kitchen. (first let me say yeah Baby!!!)

I found books on how to build them at Home Depot and Lowes but I'd like to find a magazine that I can look thru first to get ideas. We have no intention of building it ourselves. I just want ideas so I can start planning it out.

I've googled it and seen many pictures of outdoor kitchens, but I enjoy turning the pages and book marking them, making notes.

Have any of you ever seen a magazine devoted to outdoor kitchens?

Thanks!

Re: Outdoor Kitchen Magazine? - TwilightKitten - 08-15-2006

No, sorry, I sure haven't...but how cool that you're going to get an outdoor kitchen!!! I want one too....maybe someday when I find my "forever" home.

Re: Outdoor Kitchen Magazine? - Lorraine - 08-15-2006

Me neither, but good luck! I'd love one also.

Re: Outdoor Kitchen Magazine? - Roxanne 21 - 08-15-2006

I just googled outdoor kitchen magazine and there are a few there that may be of interest for you. What a wonderful idea---there is a chef I watch occasionally on BBC Foods and he has a FANTASTIC set up--he lives in Canada somewhere and he has everything you could possibly dream of. I'm envious!!! Something else to work for---

Re: Outdoor Kitchen Magazine? - Lorraine - 08-15-2006

Rob Rainford from Toronto? He has an incredible outdoor setup. Fridge, a few grills, sink, yada, yada, everything I want!! do I sound jealous? LOL

The other show to watch ( if you get it) is Michael Chiarello. Great outdoor kitchen!

Re: Outdoor Kitchen Magazine? - Old Bay - 08-15-2006

Great show, but you need a staff of two to keep all that equipment clean!!! And he makes it look so easy--just wipes it off.

Re: Outdoor Kitchen Magazine? - vannin - 08-15-2006

An outdoor kitchen! What a wonderful wonderful idea. I love it. Twilight, I know exactly what you mean by your forever house. When we sell, that is what we will have, a forever house, and with an outdoor kitchen. We have a huge pile of rather lovely bricks from a couple of chimneys we took out of a previous house. They could fit in somewhere. Now I am dreaming and planning.

Re: Outdoor Kitchen Magazine? - Roxanne 21 - 08-16-2006

That's the guy!!!! Not only has he got the nicest outdoor setup BUT he can also cook!!! What's not to like about this program---and, of course, the weather is ALWAYS spectacular!!!

Re: Outdoor Kitchen Magazine? - DFen911 - 08-16-2006

At least my spot is a real big one. This will be a fun planning project. I'll check out that show and see if they have literature.

Thanks!