Cuisine at home Forums
slow cooker - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: slow cooker (/showthread.php?tid=22857)

slow cooker - ktn - 10-04-2006

What is the best way to reheat leftovers cooked in a slow cooker without drying out the meat?

Re: slow cooker - Roxanne 21 - 10-05-2006

I'm not the expert here but I would reheat in a fairly low temp oven--cover the dish with foil just until heated through. I have successfully used this method---

Be assured---the pros will give better, more accurate, advice when they check in!!

Nice to see you again, ktn!!

Re: slow cooker - dollop - 10-05-2006

I usually seal up my left overs in my "Food Saver." Then pop them in a hot water bath. This method keeps us happy.

Re: slow cooker - DFen911 - 10-05-2006

If you must use a microwave zap it first for about 20 seconds on high to take the chill off. But to heat it thru reduce your power setting to 50%. Reheating foods in a micro should never be done on high as the food is already cooked.

I use the stovetop method and put a lid on the sauce pan I'm using and very low heat.

MMMmmmMmm Crock Pot food....I love winter when I can throw everything in the morning and come from work and have my house smelling great and dinner is ready.

Re: slow cooker - cjs - 10-05-2006

When I heat foods that haven't been saved in my FoodSaver pouches, I use the baine marie method - a SST bowl set over a pan of simmering water. It's about the gentlest heating after the pouch, of course.

"Be assured---the pros will give better, more accurate, advice when they check in!!"

Shame on you Roxanne - you give as good advice as anyone on this forum!!